View Single Post
Old 24-08-2016, 20:51
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatik View Post
Does anyone know if Waiting For Today To Happen, Some Kind Of Bliss and I Don't Need Anyone were entirely original, tailored to other people or if they were unused tracks from the EMG sessions?
From
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Some_Kind_of_Bliss
(primary sources referenced therein, seem legit)

Quote:
"After Bradfield sent her a demo of the album track "I Don't Need Anyone", Minogue was dissatisfied with the lyrical content and re-wrote the track herself. Despite this, Minogue found it "difficult" to write the song so Bradfield had taken pieces of the original demo lyrics and mixed them with other lyrics she had written to create the finishing product of "I Don't Need Anyone". She found this method of writing "intriguing" and wanted to do it again, so she decided to do this with "Some Kind of Bliss", writing it alongside Bradfield and Sean Moore. Minogue commented about this method, saying "He took one half of one set [of lyrics] and took another half from another set of lyrics and merged them together, which I found interesting because it was something I wouldn't have done because, in my mind they're two separate things." She later commented that she felt it worked together."

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---