View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 23:18
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbag View Post
As much as thought he was in love with her, if what's been told is accurate, he didn't love her enough to stop fucking groupies which was "meaningless" and "one iota away from a wank". That's often been given as the reason why she wouldn't commit to him.

It'll be all lies, though. Richey wouldn't do that, would he? He was sensitive and a deep thinker and not at all selfish ever.
I don't even think he really dated her. I think they're reaching. There's no doubt that he considered her more than just a passing fancy (although telling Simon Price that she was the only person he had sex with in 1993 is both dishonest and well, a little disrespectful to publicly mention if you care about someone) and maybe his groupie ways did put her off considerably, but I doubt it amounted to anything serious even if he asked her to marry him. As someone already mentioned (I think it was Sofarsideways), the timeline doesn't add up unless she had an open relationship with him and was perfectly ok with rarely seeing him. We all know from very reliable sources that he was still chatting up chicks backstage prior to going into hospital and that in the days preceding the hospital, he was all alone in his flat without a telephone. Then he goes into hospital and presumably doesn't have time for a relationship. The only logical time he could have been in a serious relationship with her would have been Sept-Dec, but for most of that period, he was on tour. It just doesn't make sense. I'll have to see what kind of proof they have to back it up. I mean, it's possible they got this info from Jo, but why would she allow such personal info about the nature of their relationship to go public if she wasn't prepared to go on record?