View Single Post
Old 27-02-2019, 11:05
Knowlede Is Power

The contradictions and omissions appear to astounding.

-According to Rachel and SHR Richey was the bands chief lyricist, but she's not happy with the band using his lyrics!

-She expects them to be untouched which is ridiculous, I'm certain James edited pretty much everything Richey gave to him in some way.

-Without the rest of the band none of us would even of heard of Richey. They gave him his platform.
- Don't forget they existed first without him. Of course his lyrics were a major factor in the early years, I am not disputing that at all. But the fact is Nicky, James and Sean were there at the start and the idea of the band was Nicky and James' in the first place.

- I know lots of people that never even knew Richey existed and think the Manics are a 3 piece. They got success with lyrics from Nicky. In this case I feel the popularity of say ADFL and the rest of EMG was due to the quality of the songs, yes it was music for the masses, but the band had always intended to be huge and successful and this only happened after Richey.

This success led to those interested delving deeper into the bands history and becoming aware of Richeys contributions.
This now seems to be conveniently forgotten by the authors and all involved with this nasty little book.