View Single Post
Old 19-02-2018, 13:41
Stretched out in the sun

Not sure what to expect really for this one. Think a box set is pretty much nailed on and I've loved the last three anniversary box sets anyway, probably most impressed with the Generation Terrorists one with there being a Poleaxed and Spent All Summer which I'd never heard of until then. Wonder if there's owt from This Is My Truth besides demos.

As far as a tour goes, I've love to see the album in full. Besides obsessive Manics fans, I've no idea how it's regarded though, definitely the Manics album I've seen crop up in charity shops most often. Could be wrong, but feel today it's less popular than Holy Bible and Everything Must Go? Obviously not done a study or owt mind, so I've got fuck all to base the feeling on really. Interesting the fact that every track of both Holy Bible and Everything Must Go had been played before the anniversary tours, but for This Is My Truth there's still I'm Not Working and Be Natural that have never been performed. So I dunno... every time I go see em I hope to see summat they've not played for ages, or better. Edinburgh Holy Bible was the first time they'd played Condemned To Rock N' Roll in full ever and that was the last time I was shocked at a gig really, every now and again they play summat and I think oh that makes a nice change. I just know if there's a tour I decide not to go, the twats'll end up doing Symphony of Tourette or summat.