View Single Post
Old 28-02-2019, 23:24
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
Fair points but as he did speak about going to see a prostitute when they were in Bangkok I see no reason to disbelieve him regarding that. I'm trying to remember the journalist that took him to task on it later unwilling to let it just be brushed off when it seemed the antithesis of so much he stood for and he got upset/frustrated a little. I can see how maybe from his persepective it meant nothing and he was just trying to make himself feel something or whatever the reasoning goes as if it's a form of self harm but it's not the same another person isn't there to be exploited like a razor blade. It is something I didn't understand as that didn't seem to be in character .... although he did have an ego it seems fair to say......but he was never a 'lad' I never doubted he wasn't speaking the truth....I think he may have regretted speaking the truth. Should've lied like everybody else? Or just not done it like some stupid dumbshit exploitative tourist
'Bangkok Sucker Blues' and the journalist was Barbara Ellen. She does have a "bravo! You go, sister!" moment at the end of the piece, but it kind of trails off into a bit of a somber tone because he's really not challenging any of her criticisms. It's interesting to note however that after they went to Bangkok, not only did his mental health start to really decline so too did his eating.

http://www.thisisyesterday.com/ints/bangkokint.html