View Single Post
Old 28-02-2019, 23:47
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryter Layter View Post
I've read a few early sources that say he actually checked out at 7 am, but that info has long since been debunked. The author of A Version of Reason seems to have been given quite a bit of access to the police files concerning Richey's disappearance and the description he gives in the book about Richey leaving the hotel reads like he lifted it verbatim from a report. Apparently he was seen walking out of the elevator (lift) by the desk staff at approximately 7 am, he walked past the front desk, down three steps, out the front door and then turned left toward the car park. I think the team behind this new book are now questioning this sighting because of the 24 hour clock revelation. I get why they are questioning it, but if the police at the time received sighting confirmations from more than one witness, I think it's a safe bet he was there at that time.

That's funny, but it's also a bit sad. Poor bugger!
I don't disagree with you Bryter Layter but wow that's a lot of detailed info. Is anyone who spotted him this precise? I would never be able to provide that much info. However if he was recognized by someone who is a fan then the precision and attention to detail would be spot on.

What I was hoping for in this book and so far this is far from the book's intention is credible details that might have been uncovered. I was hoping the toll ticket could lead to something. Given his mental state could he have carried out a disappearance? Yes he was certainly smart enough but with his mental state Idk. Given the fact he appears to have lived in the car for up to two weeks shows me he was uncertain what he wanted to do, or he was waiting for something he thought might be important like a new passport, tightening any loose ends or other speculation.

As for reclaiming Richey I'm not sure what Rachel means? In her grief yes, she could simply want someone to blame. But in my opinion it is difficult to take out the rockstar stuff as this is what consumed him for several years. How can u separate them? But not to belabor the point his mental health and problems associated with that like alcohol and anorexia are a significant part of Richey. This doesn't make him a bad person. I think the band recognized this and tried to help him as best they could. You can only look to Nicky and his extreme weight loss that shows that he was affected. I have read somewhere in a few different places that I can't recall, he was drinking again and crumbling chocolate in a bowl by January 95. Why does Rachel, after all these years, now need to blame someone?