View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 11:08
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richey View Post
It’s been a while since I last visited this thread as I’ve been busy with IRL stuff, but thank you to everyone - particularly Sofa - who has taken the time to dip into this hateful book and give us the confirmation that it is, indeed, a hit piece against the boys. The more I read of what you guys have posted, the more infuriated I’ve become. This is not someone trying to take back Richey Edwards and his legacy and present us with the reality of the man; this is someone attempting to reshape the existing myth to better suit their own narrative.

One random observation: why does the author refer to Rob Stringer as “the living embodiment of capitalist evil”? That’s a bit fucking strong, don’t you think?
Amen to all you've said .

The quote is very strong. However, on its own, that's all it is - a very strong and unreasonable opinion. In SHR's book, quoting that should have been irrelevant. Paired with the revelation that Rob Stringer is Jewish, you start to see a whopping problem.

Not only that, but Rob has been a friend and supporter of the
Band through thick and thin. So he's another one under the bus for the sake of the notion that the band, and all who sail in her, are evil.