View Single Post
Old 29-09-2018, 19:14
Winterlover

Your Dream Setlist (but with a twist)

It seems like with the talk of the TIMT re-release and Jimmy’s comments before the Absolute radio gig, we’ve reached the unofficial end of the RIF era.

As you know, one of the big critiques of Manics setlists is that loads of newer songs that are properly good just don’t get a look in, because the classics just won’t budge. To this day, the boys usually play at least 50% stuff from 1991-2000 (sometimes more.) No matter whether that makes your night or grinds your gears, I thought it might be fun to play a bit of a game.

If you ignore the 90's, the boys now have an 8 album career stretching back over nearly 2 decades. And that gave me a bit of an idea. Just imagine for one night that the 90’s basically didn’t happen and Know Your Enemy was the Manics debut album. If that were true, what would your dream setlist be?

The only rules are that you've got 20 songs and you can only choose songs released for the first time during or after 2001 (That means Motorcycle Emptiness 2003 version, or Masses as a bonus track are out. But Door to the River/Grace of God/Judge Yrself and other completely new songs on compilations are in.)

Go!