View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 13:56
Winterlover

James made a comment in recent interviews that he finds it hard to fit songs from newer albums into the natural flow of the set. Having done this, he might have a point! This was really tough.

Lifeblood is quite an interesting one. I started out (objectively) with about 6 LB songs in my set as they’ve been criminally underplayed. But as the set came together I ended up dropping them out. To get them to work as a setlist, you’d have to build everything around Lifeblood, (this is something I’d definitely pay to watch!) otherwise the difference between that and the heavier material seemed a bit too jarring.

Anyway. I’ve gone with a full on 100mph opening, (this would have been a total moshfest back in the day.) I’ve dropped in a few breathers to give it some light and shade. There’s a few rarities in here along with some of the newer big singles. You could probably alternate INWJTEOL with Your Love Alone if you wanted, they’d both fit in that slot. I had to drop Firefight, which was hugely painful, but I wanted a palette cleanser with a Jimmy acoustic track after Bag Lady.

I’ve had a tough time picking final tune like the rest of you. I had to imagine it quite a bit, because I’ve only ever seen it live once myself. But nailing my colours to the mast, I think ForeverDelayed would make a colossal set ender with all the confetti and shizz. In an alternate universe where it was properly released as a single (as it should have been), I reckon it could give ADFL a run for its money!

Peeled Apples
Found That Soul
Judge Yrself
Let’s Go To War
Indian Summer
It’s Not War
Everyone Knows/Nobody Cares
Marlon JD
Dead Martyrs
Solitude Sometimes Is
Send Away the Tigers
Walk Me To The Bridge