View Single Post
Old 28-01-2019, 21:52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryter Layter View Post
Right?! Hopefully they'll cite their sources for this info, but it's strange that no one has ever mentioned he had company in his room that evening. Perhaps it was a rumour started by some of the fans. I remember at the time that there were a lot of fans coming forward claiming to have had an encounter with him just before he split and a few days after. Some were probably legit while others were likely hoaxes.
Yeah, exactly. The first I read of "Vivian" was in the articles I read yesterday. There also seems to be a new sighting of Richey on the footpath of the Severn Bridge. I'm not at all familiar with that part of Britain, so I don't know the logistics. But it seemed this sighting came several years later. I don't know what to make of that.

Quote:
Around 2009, someone popped up on this forum claiming to be Rachel and writing really nasty things about the band in reference to them using his lyrics for JFPL. At the time I think we all assumed this person was full of shit, but now, I'm not so sure. From what I remember of that member's rant, it sounded like they were accusing the band of pressuring the father into allowing the use of the lyrics. Still, I think her issues with them go back earlier than that though. If you read the Times review of the book, they even mention that she indeed has issues with them and those issues seem to stem from a few things including them not doing enough when he first went missing. Probably blames them for not doing enough for him when he was ill too.

I remember that person! I didn't post back to them as I've been a steady lurker since I first joined this site back in 03, but I do remember that person. I'm still not convinced it was Rachel, since that poster also had some weird, fangirling FB page dedicated to Richey. Would Rachel do that?

However, I did have a bit of a run-in with the one of the authors of the book on here. She was having a right old go at anyone who didn't believe her "Richey was murdered" theory. Rather than try to expand on the theory, she just resorted to calling us all dumb.

Quote:
Based on what I've read elsewhere about this book, that seems to be a bone of contention among a lot of fans. Not only calling him "Richey Manic", but also the photo they've chosen to use. I guess, even when you have the best of intentions, you still realize that his mythology is what is going to sell the book at the end of the day.
In all fairness, the cover and blurb is soley down to the publishing company rather than the authors. If they are trying to reclaim Richey to humanise him, I would imagine they're fairly pissed about this themselves.