View Single Post
Old 31-01-2019, 08:13
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I'm not sure why I feel worked about this, never read any of these books anyway. As far as I'm concerned, the Richey most of us knew is dead. I mean that even if he did disappear, the side of him that he chose to show in the public view (The quasi Richie-Manic side if you will) is gone. The Richey that his friends and family knew, we didn't know that guy. If he's still out there and chose to let his parents to go to their graves not knowing what happened to their son, fuck that guy. That's why I don't particularly entertain theories about his disappearance because the main conceit is that Richey made the decision to hurt those closest to him, I don't think I'd be able to listen to his work in the same way if that was true.

After readings the Walesonline interview with SHR (which is 50% about how close she is with Rachel), the impression I get is that the book will be a collection of incoherent theories with no thru line. Latching on to what supports a theory and ignoring all the evidence that doesn't support her ramblings of choice. It is and has been nothing more than the most cynical cash and attention grab. Apparently she got his gig by debunking a psychic who believed they could talk to Richey. Debunk a psychic, that's setting the bar pretty fucking high there.

Stand back, I have political powers!