View Single Post
Old 20-09-2010, 18:10
I live to fall asleep

I can't really put them into any sort of order as I have a different favourite at different times.

GT will always be special to me as I was only about 14 when it came out and it was the first album that ever meant anything to me. GATS has some of my favourite Manics songs on it (and my all-time favourite, FDTW) although admittedly the album probably sounds more dated now than any other by the Manics, THB is just incredible; EMG, I still remember the feeling of elation when I put it on in the car the day it came out and hearing the lilkes of Elvis Impersonator and No Surface All Feeling for the first time; TIMTTMY gave me satisfaction because some of my mates who'd always slagged me for liking the Manics actually bought it, although like GATS I don't think the years have been too kind on it, it's very much of its time; KYE and Lifeblood have some great tracks but are weak in comparison to other Manics albums; SATT was a glorious return to the limelight; JFPL sent shivers down my spine and I'm really enjoying PFYM at the moment.

So right now I'd say:

1st equal: THB, EMG
2nd: GT
3rd: JFPL
4th: PFYM
5th equal: GATS, SATT
6th: TIMTTMY
7th equal: Lifeblood, KYE