View Single Post
Old 15-04-2018, 19:18
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconi Delorian View Post
What? Dreaming a City (Hughesovka), Black Square and Between the Clock and the Bed say no. It could do with a much stronger ending, Stow Hill is fine but then it should have had Empty Motorcade either replacing or following Mayakovsky.

Resistance is Futile does get going in the second half, after many listens it feels like that's where the real meat is. I still love IB and each song in the first half is fine or OK on its own, but in a row I find them a bit of a chore to get through.
I like Dreaming a City to a point, and Black Square is great - but I'm not so keen on Between the Clock and the Bed. Pretty much what I'm getting at there is what you say about the first half of RIF. I like bits of Futurology, but I don't love it. The first half of is mega though.

In fact this thread has given me the idea that a proper re-assessment is probably overdue. I won't lie and say that at times in the last decade I haven't give MSP the time I used to, but I've listened to the albums enough to have a bit of an idea of what I dug or didn't. Be interested to see if a few re-spins changes my mind on anything!