View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 12:22
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnleybassman View Post
In terms of the albums production, I'm not sure I agree with you on this one. You certainly wouldn't listen to it and say "wow this album is sooo 90's!". In fact I would go as far as saying that it is their best album (TIMTTMY) in terms of production. You could argue that it sounds a bit overproduced/saturated on Tsunami/SYMM/NLY but the other tracks I feel are balanced perfectly with some really nice subtleties that can only be heard through listening to it on headphones.

It's also their best album in terms of how good James' voice sounds. I think the only album they have that sounds 90's from that era is EMG.

I'm really excited about the prospect of a reissue for this album. It's really heartening to hear that there is a lot of unheard/unseen content coming our way too. 2018 is going to be a good year to be a Manics fan!
Probably the biggest joy of TIMT is the soundscaping. Each song has feel if it's own and it's one of the few albums where the music is allowed to breathe and direct the movement of the song rather than be at the whim if the lyrics. There's some masterful stuff on this album for you have to work to get at it.

Stand back, I have political powers!