Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-09-2023, 19:12
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabo86 View Post
another OT: that album does not exist in English, doesn't it? It should be just "Du & jag döden"...or maybe I misinterpreted everything about your post.
Yea no, only in swedish, I translated it because saying Du och Jag, Döden felt weird, like some raggare grandpa talking about his favorite dansband in Umea. It's incredible, D&JD. I quite often find myself seriously sad about how hard music tanked after the aughts. When previous generations had their "old tim'a rock n roll / today's music ain't got the same soul" moment they were blissfully idiotic. It wasn't really that, mixing and recording of pop music just got better and better. Until us millennials got a sudden precipitous drop into the total economic non-viability of anything but one man produced playlist fodder -- right around when streaming came and ended pop music as a cultural force. The brain drain out of music means people like Nicky and Richey -- or Joakim Berg from kent -- just don't go into music any more, they just undertake other ventures. Which means as a millennial you were instantly OLD in your early 30s and now in my late 30s I feel a fossil.

While my dad could still listen to the best Radiohead records in his 50s, along with, say, Lifeblood, and 05 kent (which he did) and also got Joy Division, Einstürzende Neubauten and Bauhaus in his 30s -- by the time I'll be 50 there won't have been big intellectual event music for twenty years.