Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-10-2010, 20:25
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I know. It was a bit of a daft post to be fair.
oh goody glad thats cleared up

now where were we? Oh yea persons what tell the band to fuck off.... carry on everyone
Old 29-10-2010, 20:28
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
oh goody glad thats cleared up

now where were we? Oh yea persons what tell the band to fuck off.... carry on everyone
He/she can go and support Oasis... Oh... hang on!!
29.08.92 Reading 92 - 27.01.94 Southampton - 27.08.94 Reading 94 - 18.10.94 Exeter Uni - 29.05.96 London Forum - 21.10.96 Exeter Uni - 16.12.96 London Forum - 09.04.97 Plymouth Pavillions - 23.08.97 Reading 97 - 19.12.98 Exeter Westpoint Arena - 26.06.99 Glastonbury 99 - 31.12.99 Cardiff Millennium Stadium - 25.08.01 Reading Festival - 14.12.02 Plymouth Pavillions - 15.12.02 Cardiff International Arena - 11.07.03 Move Fest - 10.12.04 Plymouth Pavillions - 13.12.04 Cardiff CIA - 03.04.05 Southampton Guildhall - 12.05.07 Cardiff University - 03.06.07 Truro - 06.12.07 CIA - 21.08.08 Newport Centre - 29.05.09 Camden Roundhouse - 22.10.10 Bournemouth o2 17.12.14 Camden Roundhouse 2016 EMG20 Swansea 2017 Carfest South 2018 TIMTTMY20 Southampton
Old 29-10-2010, 20:34
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireintheblood View Post
He/she can go and support Oasis... Oh... hang on!!

Lee - I knows you were dude! Peace!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 29-10-2010, 20:36
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Industrial Symphony No.1 View Post
You missed the bit about posting his grievances on a public forum that anyone can read and post replies to because that's what it's for.
i dared to presume that, as all and sundry were reading it on a public forum, this aspect of the recap was something of a given.

i'm trying desperately to think of bands i have told to fuck off. Radiohead certainly, probably a few others.

i don't think i actively used the phrase "fuck off" around the age of 14 or so, but that or something similar would have come to mind when my beloved Bowie unleashed Never Let Me Down on us fans. why couldn't he have had a "sore throat" for the whole recording of that? hasn't stopped me following him and throwing fortunes at him, mind.
blog
Old 29-10-2010, 21:39

Its a pain but its the risk you take when you book tickets to events like this.

If you fly from Australia to ENgland to see an Ashes test match and all 5 days are a washout - do you get super angry or just put it down to experience as one of those things - you would get your test match ticket back but not your expenses.

If you drive accross Europe to see a football/rugby match and it is cancelled due to fog/waterlogged/snow/frost - you will get your money back for your ticket but travelling expenses no. Its a pain and its downright annoying but in the grand scheme of things its pretty low key.

TRavelling from Prague to see your favourite band in London - I can understand you must be gutted - but why not just enjoy your time in London, if you can afford to travel back for the rerarranged gig then do so. If not get a refund and spend the money having a fun time in London whilst your here now.

JDB could no less perform with a sore throat/laryngitis whatever than Wayne Rooney could with a broken leg.
Old 29-10-2010, 21:46
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by maive View Post
Its a pain but its the risk you take when you book tickets to events like this.

If you fly from Australia to ENgland to see an Ashes test match and all 5 days are a washout - do you get super angry or just put it down to experience as one of those things - you would get your test match ticket back but not your expenses.

If you drive accross Europe to see a football/rugby match and it is cancelled due to fog/waterlogged/snow/frost - you will get your money back for your ticket but travelling expenses no. Its a pain and its downright annoying but in the grand scheme of things its pretty low key.
I get your point and I'm sorry Donkey is pissed off... but to compare the band to sporting events might be pushing it a bit!
Old 29-10-2010, 21:48
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
I get your point and I'm sorry Donkey is pissed off... but to compare the band to sporting events might be pushing it a bit!
why? the principle is the same.. they're events that could be cancelled due to unforseen circumstances

oh dear there i go posting in this thread again
Old 29-10-2010, 22:03
Knowlede Is Power

I know I said pretty much the same thing in the Twitter thread, but really, the Manics not playing isn't that big a deal. Yeah, sure, the main reason for travelling to London has been lost, but London's got shitloads of stuff going on. I did a quick check on The List for yesterday evening, and there were like 94 musical events on within a 5 mile radius of the O2 Academy, and something like 350 events on overall, so there's plenty of other things to do. No need to miss your (presumably non-refundable) flight and hotel bookings, just go anyway, and make the most of the situation.

I was in London myself a few weeks ago. It was my first time there as a grown-up, and it's a fucking amazing place. Really really beautiful. I think we took about a thousand photographs between the three of us. I'd recommend London to anyone, whether the Manics be there or not.
Old 29-10-2010, 22:24
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
no, but i work 8 hours cold-selling insurances. sadly it's not being a well paid half-time job being a millionaire rockstar having the privilege of playing in front of a thousand fans who pay for me because i and my bandmates wrote some great songs that people relate to and enjoy.
Fixed that for you.
Old 30-10-2010, 08:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Not really, they are both events that people often travel long distances for with a lot of personal expense in addition to the admission ticket.

They are also both events that can be cancelled at exceedingly short notice for a variety of reasons.
Old 30-10-2010, 11:46
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by begging_to_be_cool View Post
Fixed that for you.

woooo, fixed that for you.. woooo...! ROFLROFL! for the record, every time i listen to a song by the manic street preachers i jump up and down in sheer joy i cannot relate to their bullshit at all. i feel sorry for everyone who does.
Old 30-10-2010, 14:56
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
for the record, every time i listen to a song by the manic street preachers i jump up and down in sheer joy
Jolly good.
Old 30-10-2010, 16:13

just a question, if you cant relate to the music and see the manics as a band that just got lucky, why the F are you a member of a manics forum?...just putting it out there
Old 30-10-2010, 16:16
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Page Refugee View Post
just a question, if you cant relate to the music and see the manics as a band that just got lucky, why the F are you a member of a manics forum?...just putting it out there
May have been a member of the forum from years back when they were a fan.

I don't agree with what Thomas put by the way but a lot of people on the forum think the Manics have gone terrible but due to this forum existing in it's second form since 2003 you do get a few people who stick here due to knowing folk and appreciating the social side of the forum as opposed to the Manics if that makes sense.

I'm the best in the World, if not the entire Universe.
Old 30-10-2010, 17:18
Bored out of my mind

Eh well, your loss Thomas!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)