Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 05-06-2012, 09:13
I am purity, they call me perverted

You know,I was JUST about to post something along the lines of "Wait till TGW reads this..." then you beat me to it!
Old 15-06-2012, 08:16
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
Imagine if the order of released albums was like this. How would you feel if the band had released the albums in this particular order. Would you still feel the same way about the band?

GATS (Debut)
KYE
LB
THB
TIMTTMY
GT
SATT
JFPL
PFAYM
EMG
Good idea for a thread! This order does seem to make some degree of sense, in an alternate universe kind of way, apart from GT showing up out of the blue sandwiched between TIMT and SATT. I find it hard to separate GT from GATS chronologically.

Anyhow, I think critics would've likely been rather unimpressed with this band if they'd opened up with GATS followed up KYE. LB could've been a bit of a cult favorite and they would've seemed to come out of nowhere with the classic THB. I'd imagine the rest of it (apart from GT, which would've likely elicited a "what were they thinking?!" from fans and critics alike, in that chronology, and response to EMG) would not be too dissimilar to what has ended up happening with them. EMG as the most recent would've perhaps been seen as a sort of come-back / return-to-form sort of album rather than the disappointing PFAYM, which would've been like a slightly cringe-worthy landmark on the way to EMG's fabulosity.