Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 21-09-2021, 06:22
Under neon loneliness

A photo of the setlist has been posted to fb, the quote was projected at the gig:

Quote:
“The human crisis is always a crisis of understanding: what we genuinely understand we can do.” Raymond Williams
Slash 'n' Burn complete: https://youtu.be/3nz0KfKHKFs

Last edited by tzb; 21-09-2021 at 06:30.
Old 21-09-2021, 06:46
Knowlede Is Power

Morning all. Christ, my ears are still buzzing and popping

Re: the crowd - I know that near to me they pulled someone out just before the band came on, and at least one more later, and I think someone literally passed out drunk on the floor at one point. Basically people were well up for it

Also definitely sound issues. The crew seemed to spend longer than usual setting up and seemed to be having trouble with the microphones? And then James' guitars sounded very strange at times. Definitely seemed to improve after the acoustic bit.

Absolutely none of which affected my very, very good experience.
Old 21-09-2021, 06:47
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzb View Post
Slash 'n' Burn complete: https://youtu.be/3nz0KfKHKFs
Yesssssss!!! Superstar!
Old 21-09-2021, 06:52
Bored of being bored

Just 2 changes, I'm not that surprised but lets see........
Old 21-09-2021, 07:23
Under neon loneliness

Complete PFAYM acoustic (not mine!): https://youtu.be/zy5i1KfhpUo
Old 21-09-2021, 09:05
Under neon loneliness

Posting my thoughts and photos/vids as a thread here: https://twitter.com/wildtests/status...39860795670529
Old 21-09-2021, 09:53
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmartyr View Post
That was a nice surprise. How dare people talk around me when a bona-fide rarity was taking place, and may never be posted on the set list again.

The sound was quite bad to my ears before the acoustic section. JDB's guitar sounded like it was being strangled, vocals quite low, drums too prominent. After acoustic section, it sounded pretty much fine.
Aaaaarrggh! People who have protracted conversations at gigs are so rude! Glad you enjoyed the gig matey!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 21-09-2021, 10:56
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitdown1985 View Post
I didn't see them but interested to hear their take on acoustic Postcards From A Young Man… I really enjoyed it. It felt so much more raw and nostalgic.
Loved it! Strip away all that production and the song is brilliant, I think! Steve liked it too. Lucas was unfortunately unwell and missed PFAYM and Slash n Burn, which he would have loved.

James shouting "wish me luck" before the GnR solo made me laugh so hard.

Really enjoyed the show and everyone was so up for it!
Old 21-09-2021, 11:57
Winterlover

Just popping in for first time in quite a while to say I hope peeps had a good time at the Cardiff show (and elsewhere).

My Manics gigging days are done, but it sounds like it was good fun, bar the usual shitty venue sound.

Lots of lovely "Doing shouty-pointy to Slash N Burn? On the barrier? With my reputation??" from boys and girls now in their 40s (I'm nearly there too!) and you do, as the kids say, love to see it. Big love to y'all.
Old 21-09-2021, 13:37
Under neon loneliness

And to you Bambi!
Old 21-09-2021, 17:18
Bored of being bored

Just packed my things away ready for the train home tomorrow. It feels like it’s been an incredible few days, a Manics adventure to rival any I’ve had in the past like the Nynex gig or even the Millennium. With FD buzzing way more than usual too, and such good vibes around the new album, this really feels different to anything in the past decade or even two! Am I overreacting or does anyone else feel the same?
Old 21-09-2021, 17:51
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflower View Post
Just packed my things away ready for the train home tomorrow. It feels like it’s been an incredible few days, a Manics adventure to rival any I’ve had in the past like the Nynex gig or even the Millennium. With FD buzzing way more than usual too, and such good vibes around the new album, this really feels different to anything in the past decade or even two! Am I overreacting or does anyone else feel the same?
No, there is definitely a special ‘feel’ this time around. It’s been a brilliant album campaign so far and we still have the proper tour to come
Old 21-09-2021, 17:54
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzb View Post
Complete PFAYM acoustic (not mine!): https://youtu.be/zy5i1KfhpUo
Thanks, love this! One of my favourite Manics songs from the past decade or so, glad the band haven't forgotten about it!
Old 21-09-2021, 18:41
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
James saying "here we go, wish me luck!" before playing the solo in Sweet Child o' Mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftan mews View Post
James shouting "wish me luck" before the GnR solo made me laugh so hard.
Gawd love 'im.

I do really like postcards acoustic as well, to me it has more defiance than the full track that's loaded with synths and strings.

And this is why they still play you stole the sun. Fantastic.

https://twitter.com/adamglasspool/st...38962698686472
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 21-09-2021, 19:21
Builder of routine

I always mean to film you stole the sun but too busy loving it Remember at the 02 gig the crowd were bouncing all the way to the back. Peak moaning about it on here then and I wanted to show "THIS is why they play it people . THIS" but yeah dint film it !