Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 22-09-2021, 10:28
Freed from the century

Had a great time on Monday night. I was in the hotel opposite the arena so I heard everything on Sunday night too!
The sound was a bit weird though, sounded quite fuzzy to me, I thought maybe that was just my barrier location but seems like others thought so too.
Old 22-09-2021, 15:07
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Just popping in for first time in quite a while to say I hope peeps had a good time at the Cardiff show (and elsewhere).

My Manics gigging days are done, but it sounds like it was good fun, bar the usual shitty venue sound.

Lots of lovely "Doing shouty-pointy to Slash N Burn? On the barrier? With my reputation??" from boys and girls now in their 40s (I'm nearly there too!) and you do, as the kids say, love to see it. Big love to y'all.
Hiya

I saw Terminal Young Thing (Kath) at the gig and she mentioned that she'd seen you out and about.
Old 22-09-2021, 15:10
Under neon loneliness

Did both gigs with my fifty year old rock / goth sister, and wished so much that I could still jump around. Still enjoyed myself far too much though.

When people tell me to relax and go to my happy place, it's always a Manics gig.
Old 22-09-2021, 16:50
Knowlede Is Power

My ears are still buzzing
Old 22-09-2021, 18:13
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Hiya

I saw Terminal Young Thing (Kath) at the gig and she mentioned that she'd seen you out and about.
Ah it'd be nice to see Kath, been a while - pandemics do get terribly in the way of these things. Really happy you had a good time. 🙂
Old 22-09-2021, 23:38
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Aww i'm pleased to read that she's still going to see them, that's great.
Just like the godfather 3...
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 23-09-2021, 07:10
Bored of being bored

I have put up a little vlog of my time in Cardiff on YouTube here!

Skip to 0.31 and 9.14 if you just want to watch the gig footage and not me waffling on or random footage of Cardiff Bay and so on (I won't be offended, any watch time is good!)

Starting work on my blog post too but am back at work today so it may take me a while to get that done.
Old 23-09-2021, 07:40
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflower View Post

Skip to 0.31 and 9.14 if you just want to watch the gig footage and not me waffling on or random footage of Cardiff Bay and so on (I won't be offended, any watch time is good!)

Starting work on my blog post too but am back at work today so it may take me a while to get that done.

Thanks for sharing. You got me emotional at the end there.
Old 23-09-2021, 07:59
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
Thanks for sharing. You got me emotional at the end there.
No problem and thank you for watching! I really do feel like a special Manics era is upon us. In a way I'm glad these gigs were postponed until this time, as it brought them into the TUVL era rather than standing alone. It was great coming home from Cardiff knowing that it's less than three weeks til I see them again, instead of months as it would have been in December or July.
Old 23-09-2021, 17:05
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftan mews View Post
Loved it! Strip away all that production and the song is brilliant, I think! Steve liked it too. Lucas was unfortunately unwell and missed PFAYM and Slash n Burn, which he would have loved.

James shouting "wish me luck" before the GnR solo made me laugh so hard.

Really enjoyed the show and everyone was so up for it!
Same. Perhaps we should petition for a release of "Postcards From A (Naked) Young Man" in the vein of "Let It Be… Naked"
Old 24-09-2021, 07:11
Bored of being bored

Seems to be quite a stir over the sound, I have to admit it actually can depend on where you stand because the way they have set up the PA System & Amps, sometimes being close to the stage or barrier to about 15 people back can cause issues though it shouldn't. This only would apply to the standing area of course.

Going a bit further back and it would sound fine, people in seats would have no worries.
Old 24-09-2021, 07:15
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
Seems to be quite a stir over the sound, I have to admit it actually can depend on where you stand because the way they have set up the PA System & Amps, sometimes being close to the stage or barrier to about 15 people back can cause issues though it shouldn't. This only would apply to the standing area of course.

Going a bit further back and it would sound fine, people in seats would have no worries.
The sound wasn’t great from the balcony either. The vocals were inaudible at times and there was just a general muddiness to the sound for a lot of the gig. Ive seen the Manics in Cardiff motorpoint a lot and this was by far the worst they have sounded. That’s not taking away from the performance because they were well up for it and James was looking very energetic. I can’t wait to see them again in Bath.

On a side note. I was sat in the same block as Dave Eringa and Martin Hall. I was too much of a wimp to ask for a photo though 😂
Old 24-09-2021, 07:27
Under neon loneliness

Agreed, sound from both middle and back of standing was poor. I haven't been to the CIA/Motorpoint before but have come to expect it of arena gigs. Didn't detract from the show too badly for me, crystal clear audio is seldom provided at a rock gig. Would love to see them somewhere like the Royal Albert Hall however, to experience that clarity just once.
Old 24-09-2021, 08:52
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflower View Post

Finally got to this, it was really good! Thanks for putting it together. Having been there, the waffling was my favourite part! We were stood pretty close together on Monday, it seems
Old 24-09-2021, 09:27
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzb View Post
Finally got to this, it was really good! Thanks for putting it together. Having been there, the waffling was my favourite part! We were stood pretty close together on Monday, it seems
Ah, thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed the waffling Perhaps it's time to reboot the "Show Yourself" thread so we all know how to recognise each other on the TUVL tour!

News: my blog post on the gigs is up!

Now I had better do some actual work...