Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-06-2024, 08:23
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Found That Soul* View Post
Drug drug druggy I hope
That, or Yourself or the title track, would be wonderful. Hell would probably freeze over first, mind!
Old 30-06-2024, 09:50
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Making a thread compiling as many YouTube videos of this year's shows? Yay or nay?
Obviously it's not the same. Sound quality dubious. But as a one stop shop?

Edit: no. The sound keeps cutting out on the majority of the videos when they play!

Last edited by Son of Stopped; 30-06-2024 at 18:05.
Old 04-07-2024, 17:18
Builder of routine

Because AC/DC in London for a short residency. A pop up dive bar with antiques from the band etc. And physical versions of original first two Australian version of Bon's AC/DC.
It would be useless on me. Leaving that aside, imagine a pop dive bar of the Manics following them playing a residency?
Well I didn't know next year 40th anniversary. Or forgot.
Would you drink in a pop up dive bar set up by the Manics and their record label?
It won't happen because you'd get cups of piss thrown around the venue. And Nicky will be "You can't put that on display, they'd fucking try to nick it!" to any memorabilia.
"Only Assholes Lean On This Counter" loses another gap in the retail market of being signed.
Old 06-07-2024, 14:15
Knowlede Is Power

No idea where to post this as could not find a Public Sector Broadcasting thread.

Anyways, whilst the Manics were getting rained on in Cardiff last night, I was at Durham Cathedral watching PSB play Every Valley accompanied by the NASWUT Brass Band and Felling Male Voice Choir. Paul Smith replaced JDB on Turn No More. The lighting in the cathedral was stunning. A really special night.
Old 07-07-2024, 08:07
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishima View Post
No idea where to post this as could not find a Public Sector Broadcasting thread.

Anyways, whilst the Manics were getting rained on in Cardiff last night, I was at Durham Cathedral watching PSB play Every Valley accompanied by the NASWUT Brass Band and Felling Male Voice Choir. Paul Smith replaced JDB on Turn No More. The lighting in the cathedral was stunning. A really special night.
Am very jealous of you although that is based mainly on the fact you were as dry as a bone and I was stood, soaking wet in Cardiff.

Love PSB, first discovered them supporting Manics at Wembley Arena in 2021 and have seen them three more times since with four gigs booked on their October/November tour. Great band.

1993 - Milton Keynes
2002 - Cardiff
2014 - Bournemouth
2018 - Wembley Arena
2019 - Bath
2021 - Cardiff
2021 - Bath
2021 - Wembley Arena
2022 - Bristol
2023 - Bath
2024 - Cardiff

Torn between the then and now, never really knowing the why and how
Old 07-07-2024, 13:35
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishima View Post

PSB were played by the DJ before Suede came out on the 5th July gig - I think the song was Go!
Old 09-07-2024, 06:43
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Happy Birthday Futurology!

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 09-07-2024, 08:40
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Happy Birthday Futurology!
Not an album anniversary that I suspect will get much attention like some of their others did but certainly one of the recent albums I've enjoyed the most.

I've had changes of heart about some albums over time but my view of this one is the same as when it came out: good creative songs, an inspired direction, weakened by a jumbled tracklist. I still love the middle section of the album, pity Black Square, Misguided Missile and The Next Jet to Leave Moscow never got live airings.
Old 09-07-2024, 11:45
Builder of routine

Haps Baps Raps Futurology!
On my cheap player I can no longer hear the electric yelping puppies in the chorus to Divine Youth.
The really horrible thing about that is if I was listening to YouTube. I'd be able to make them out better. So that was worth buying stuff then.
Currently at Between The Clock And The Bed listening from the start since reading post and forgetting.
I remember playing it louder on my old louder system and my neighbours laughing and playing Simple Minds albums after I'd finished.

Last edited by Son of Stopped; 09-07-2024 at 19:04.