Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 24-06-2024, 21:40
Freed from the century

Was surprised to see that the interview was pre-Lifeblood 20. If that was March / April time then, in theory they may have finished recording by now.

Wire does sounds pretty miserable in the interview but the mention of 'energy' is good to hear. Sounds like they still don't have a central theme/song for it though. I'm sticking with my hopelessly optimistic dream of another KYE
Old 26-06-2024, 16:31
I am purity, they call me perverted

It's not exactly an enthralling set of questions, but yes, Nicky doesn't sound in a good place either.

I was gonna say I always tend to enjoy the less conventional, more atmospheric records so the description didn't fill me with excitement, but then I prefer RiF to TUVL, so who knows. Nice to know it's nearly finished, or perhaps completely finished now, either way.
Old 29-06-2024, 22:13
I live to fall asleep

How will they manage the release of the album coming very close to the 30th anniversary of Richey?
Old 30-06-2024, 11:25
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free View Post
How will they manage the release of the album coming very close to the 30th anniversary of Richey?
They dont have to do anything if they dont want to.
Old 30-06-2024, 12:06
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Probably fine? It's not JPFL, and there probably isn't a direct reference to Richey on the new album either. I'm not saying they're not cognisant of it, but the two things probably sit in different compartments in their head. I imagine doing a tour around February is probably off the books though because so many of their most negatives memories of Richey are most likely around touring and I can't remember the last time they were touring in that time of year. I suspect given the age of James's kids, we will see a tour on either side of the Easter term break so strong bets on late Mary or late April.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 30-06-2024, 12:15
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Well the NME Llandudno review said there was going to be another Japanese tour this year. So I think probably March or April 2025 dates start? If not later.
This album could possibly have reverse-TUVL tactics and we get actual television and radio appearances/sessions?
Makes sense get attention through tour and release early next year when demand cooling off.
Definitely not looking forward any to BBC Four possible Richey documentaries.
Although did you see that last year of Kurt Cobain? Wasn't it incredible how TV journalism used to talk to the viewers?!
Old 03-07-2024, 10:04
I live to fall asleep

I do think it's taking them quite a long time to put out this album. Which means that either a) they are still not entirely happy with it, b) they make little to no money from the actual albums, c) they are making more money / it's easier doing these gigs with Suede.
Old 03-07-2024, 17:19
Builder of routine

Well I'm still clapping hands it'll be a single album. But enough left over, now b-Sides thing of the past. Enough left over to build the next album from. While still thinking the next album is going to be their last. Because I can hold two contradictory angles at once. Sometimes I think it's the only thing keeping the universe in balance. Then again, what's been that decade of medication for?
Album 15. Still remains to be seen!
Old 04-07-2024, 05:48
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
I do think it's taking them quite a long time to put out this album. Which means that either a) they are still not entirely happy with it, b) they make little to no money from the actual albums, c) they are making more money / it's easier doing these gigs with Suede.
I’d say it’s likely they are delaying until
2025 so it’s inline with the 40
Year anniversary of the band and a special tour.
Old 04-07-2024, 14:36
Winterlover

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if being comfortable is part of the lack of urgency. They're in their fifties and all have families, making music when the ideas come (however inspired or predictable) and touring from time to time probably suits them well.

Excluding solo albums, it has occurred to me that they have released just three albums in the last decade, and the first of those three came out ten years ago this month but was recorded earlier. I guess it's not uncommon for artists' productivity and recording to slow down a bit with age.
Old 04-07-2024, 16:58
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Excluding solo albums, it has occurred to me that they have released just three albums in the last decade, and the first of those three came out ten years ago this month but was recorded earlier.
Four surely? Postcards, Rewind, Futurology and Resistance? Edit: Clarified!

Last edited by Son of Stopped; 05-07-2024 at 12:44.
Old 04-07-2024, 19:48

Will be interesting to see what this album sounds like, never know what to predict with these guys
Old 05-07-2024, 10:38
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Four surely? Postcards, Rewind, Futurology and Resistance?
Sorry, wasn't clear with my wording. Not 'during the previous decade' as in the 2010s, I meant three Manics albums within the past decade from July 2014 to July 2024.

2014 - Futurology
2018 - Resistance Is Futile
2021 - The Ultra Vivid Lament
Old 07-07-2024, 22:30

Quote:
I do think it's taking them quite a long time to put out this album.
If it comes out at the start of next year it'll still be a shorter gap than between PFAYM/RtF, F/RiF and RiF/TUVL. They've all been 3.5 years or more.
Old 21-07-2024, 07:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntlDebris View Post
If it comes out at the start of next year it'll still be a shorter gap than between PFAYM/RtF, F/RiF and RiF/TUVL. They've all been 3.5 years or more.

Don't forget there were anniversary reissues between those albums. However as they get older, productivity normally slows down. Hope that they don't stop touring and give us always something new!