Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 04-09-2024, 17:53
I live to fall asleep

Crappy video, reminds me a bit of the one for Orwellian with the random shifting sideways pattern. At least I know the lyrics now though haha!
Old 04-09-2024, 18:48
I live to fall asleep

The single has hung around in top 50ish of iTunes since release . Does that equate to anything nowadays? I’d have thought most Manics fans would have bought it on the first day so hopefully some casuals picking it up .
Old 04-09-2024, 19:06
I live to fall asleep

I've played it loads on Spotify every day
Old 04-09-2024, 22:07
Freed from the century

Had a good few listens and it’s a decent, upbeat tune. However, i do get morning tv chat show theme vibes from it.
Old 04-09-2024, 23:03
A self-made vacuum

Decline and Fall has elements of the last few lead singles, but I dont feel euphoric while singing the chorus

Think International Blue has been the bar for those singles and DaF does not get there. First post in years. Hello
Beware!
Old 04-09-2024, 23:06
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Well hopefully they'll make an appearance on the download or streaming charts this Friday.
Live Forever by Oasis is meant to be number one! For all the Top of the Pops theme flashbacks it's at least a bit more futuristic.

Edit: That went in! It got posted!
Edit Edit: No seriously who the fuck hasn't got a copy of Live Forever on something.
DM was reissued + reunion hype and there's a new vevo footnotes video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSXDq_KigEI

They are pushing, but the single will chart outside of the top 5, maybe a new peak is what they'll get
Beware!
Old 04-09-2024, 23:10
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevoutus View Post
Had a good few listens and it’s a decent, upbeat tune. However, i do get morning tv chat show theme vibes from it.
See, the Manics in Morning TV suits on a couch in the middle of some Welsh stretch of open land. And with Morning TV captions of figures going down flashing over screen now and again.
Here's the video to it in your head.
The song opens with Sean and attractive woman who is copresenting this open air Morning TV chat show on couch in such open field.
By start of first chorus, Police come and arrest Sean on air. The second verse Nicky is the presenter on the couch with attractive co-presenter. Gets arrested by police during chorus and solo thing.
Spoken word James with co-presenter. But on Nicky line, cut to James in a Devil mask and co-presenter Zombie make up.
For final choruses, full on Rentaghost end credits all Manics, normal co-presenter and police walking around the couch with as much spring in their step as they can while the camera pulls out.
Old 05-09-2024, 07:46
Bored of being bored

Well one thing I didn't expect was to wake up this morning to find that Kieran Evans replied to my comment on the lyric video! For anyone interested, I commented asking what the point was of a lyric video where the words are illegible, his reply was:

'FYI….It’s not a lyric video. I delivered the final clip as “Decline&Fall” (Visualized) as it has a visual concept and an aesthetic that reflected the song. The lyrics are deliberately obscured and heavily treated.'

Someone should maybe have told the MSP social media team that

Anyway, I am absolutely in love with the song now. It may be Manics-by-numbers but it turns out that just what I need in my life right now. Can't wait to leap about to it at a gig in the nearish future!
Old 05-09-2024, 08:49
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicsturkey View Post
We all still want more of them because we have loved them for 30 years.
Well said! Plus us Manics fans moaning about stuff is really like a meme of sorts at this point
Old 05-09-2024, 09:15
I live to fall asleep

Haha, it's a lyric video no matter what he says, one that I initially struggled to even make out the text on! Wish they'd make a cool looking video like Nixon where they're having a bit of a laugh for once.
Old 05-09-2024, 10:12
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartek Wyre View Post
Well said! Plus us Manics fans moaning about stuff is really like a meme of sorts at this point
Old 05-09-2024, 14:12
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflower View Post
Well one thing I didn't expect was to wake up this morning to find that Kieran Evans replied to my comment on the lyric video! For anyone interested, I commented asking what the point was of a lyric video where the words are illegible, his reply was:

'FYI….It’s not a lyric video. I delivered the final clip as “Decline&Fall” (Visualized) as it has a visual concept and an aesthetic that reflected the song. The lyrics are deliberately obscured and heavily treated.'

Someone should maybe have told the MSP social media team that

Anyway, I am absolutely in love with the song now. It may be Manics-by-numbers but it turns out that just what I need in my life right now. Can't wait to leap about to it at a gig in the nearish future!
I agree, though I kind of get what he means by the obscurity in the video and the official lyrics.. if it's what James is singing it sounds different with my headphones on. I love how they seem to have emphasised the 'euphoria' in this song.

Looking forward to the rest of the album and tour.
Old 05-09-2024, 21:18
An imitation of dignity

Stop the ABBA vibes!!!
Never tought I was going to write this about Manics songs.
981031 Bilbao (Kafe Antzokia) - 990320 Madrid (Riviera) - 010518 Madrid (Festimad) - 070821 Belfast (Vital) - 100710 Bilbao (BBK Live) - 110121 London (Brixton Academy) - 111217 London (O2) - 131122 Bilbao (BEC / BIME) - 1411215 London (Roundhouse) - 160528 Swansea (Liberty Stadium) - 180505 Cardiff (Motorpoint Arena) - 190629 Cardiff (Cardiff Castle)
Old 05-09-2024, 21:41
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormstocome View Post
Stop the ABBA vibes!!!
Never tought I was going to write this about Manics songs.
Maybe because ABBA was the main influence of the last album, I think it might be the closest thing to TUVL on the new album?
One thing that's not been mentioned or taking the wrong way. But it's a daytime Manics song that's completely fucked!
Like some futuristic display of the band playing the song in some abandoned for millennia Manics-E-Cheese former restaurant car park.

FD: Not getting it? What?

The music sounds as distressed as the pictures in the video. I don't know exact terms or process otherwise.
I might be coming up with excuses or seeing something.
But am I a bastard for wanting this song in 2010?
Old 05-09-2024, 22:13
I live to fall asleep

I watched the video again now. Do you know what, I'll say it, it's shite. Boring, hard to focus, lyrics barely easy to see... oooo but it's an art form. Fuck off. Work with some uni students who would gladly work for free and film better stuff than this bollocks. Waste of time and barely anyone will watch.