Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old Yesterday, 19:46
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
Sounds like they're no guest vocalists then for this album. I've got used to them appearing on each album now haha. Weird why they finished it in Feb and it won't be out until maybe 12 months later...
Do we think we might get to hear another song late October/early November? Traditionally there’s roughly two months between the 1st & 2nd songs promoting the album…

Also, what do we think Caesar Edmunds will bring to the mix? He’s worked with Sunflower Bean & Wetleg, so not surprised they’ve chosen him.
This will be the 1st Manics album in Dolby Atmos, so wonder if that has helped push it into next year too?
Old Yesterday, 20:10
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyLie View Post
Do we think we might get to hear another song late October/early November? Traditionally there’s roughly two months between the 1st & 2nd songs promoting the album…
I was thinking the same the other day. I strongly believe that after someone announced they played two new songs for Jools Holland, which will hopefully be broadcast together in a couple of weeks time we will see another single announcement happening around the same time. Also fits in with the RIF timeline of 5/6 months between first single and album release with a second single happening before the album release.
23/08/01 CIA, 06/04/05 Civic Hall, 24/05/06 Camden Barfly, 11/10/06 Birmingham Barfly, 12/05/07 Cardiff Uni, 21/05/07 Civic Hall, 27/05/07 Manchester Apollo, 02/06/07 Colston Hall, 09/06/07 Reading Hexagon, 08/12/07 Birmingham NIA, 12/12/07 Brixton Academy, 28/02/08 O2 Arena, 30/05/09 Roundhouse, 12/10/10 Derby Assembly Rooms, 14/12/10 Birmingham O2 Academy, 19/05/11 Civic Hall, 17/12/11 O2 Arena, 06/11/12 Rough Trade, 13/09/13 Newport Centre, 23/09/13 Colston Hall, 27/09/13 Manchester Ritz, 29/03/14 Cardiff Motorpoint, 31/03/14 Leicester De Montfort, 06/04/14 Civic Hall, 08/07/14 Rough Trade, 14/05/16 Genting Arena, 09/07/17 Llangollen, 06/10/17 Drama Studio, 16/03/18 Absolute Radio, 14/04/18 Rough Trade, 27/04/18 Birmingham Arena, 05/05/18 Cardiff Motorpoint

Twitter: @KhizzyJ
Old Yesterday, 22:15
I live to fall asleep

The long wait for the album could also be down to the vinyl. Takes well over 6 months.

Last edited by Europa Gluten Free; Yesterday at 22:19.
Old Today, 02:18
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free View Post
The long wait for the album could also be down to the vinyl. Takes well over 6 months.
I suspect it might be more than that even. Between re-issues and album releases (including even in exile), the band have released an album every calendar year. I suspect that the album release date / tour date is to ensure a steady cash flow over financial years (suspect the tour will be in April for this reason to reduce utilise tax fee allowances that they've used during the Suede co-tour).

This raises a question though about the following year, as the re-release material has nearly been used up. Not sure how much nostalgia there is for a PFAYM, RTF and F re-release, we on the forum would buy for access to those vinyl b-sides but what else is there that isn't widely available? I suspect we could see another best-of or perhaps a live compilation but that's wishful thinking on my part. Or perhaps they'll start churning albums out more regularly now that Nick's children have both finished school.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old Today, 16:14
An imitation of dignity

Read the full Mojo interview here: https://www.mojo4music.com/articles/...bum-exclusive/
Old Today, 17:07
I live to fall asleep

RiF part 2 indeed and that didn't fair so well... Remember they did TUVL camped in Rockfield together:

“There was no MO,” he adds. “Sometimes we played live together in a definite band environment, other times it was more isolated, where I just laid a guitar down to a click [track], or Nick [Wire] put a vocal down with a click, or I’d do a really rough acoustic version, and we’d build from those. So it was about two years of intense, scatterbrained work.”

....although in the next paragraph it says they then did the drums and overdubs for a month in Rockfield.