Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old Yesterday, 19:29
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
I'm thinking it is the keys we start hearing from the second verse onwards?
Ok, I've just put the album on. I'm not 100% sure it'a wurlitzer, it might be a hammond as well, but I get your point. And, what a song! What an album! What a band! (excitement for listening to my favourite band of the world after some months without doing it)

Last edited by gabo86; Yesterday at 22:08.
Old Yesterday, 20:15
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabo86 View Post
Ok, I've just put the album on. I'm not 100% sure it'a wurlitzer, it might be a hammond as well, but I get your point. And, what a song! What an album! What a band! (excitement for listening to my favourite band of the word after some months without doing it)
This could be irrelevant to your post. Possibly Random Manics posted before.
The fifth member of the band is James's guitar. Regardless of make or effects. It's lead instrument function was there at the start and right up until next year onwards.
Everything just clicked after seeing that. What an incredible journey you get if you think the lead guitar is sentient and expressing itself.
Through everything it went through. It's the same instrument from THB in RTF. It's there on TIMTTMY.
And I realised this myself after not listening to their albums for a while as well!
Old Today, 10:19
I live to fall asleep

One new song and Decline & fall confirmed for Jools
Old Today, 13:42
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
This could be irrelevant to your post. Possibly Random Manics posted before.
The fifth member of the band is James's guitar. Regardless of make or effects. It's lead instrument function was there at the start and right up until next year onwards.
Everything just clicked after seeing that. What an incredible journey you get if you think the lead guitar is sentient and expressing itself.
Through everything it went through. It's the same instrument from THB in RTF. It's there on TIMTTMY.
And I realised this myself after not listening to their albums for a while as well!
I like this rant a lot.

Anyway: new pictures on FB page, upcoming announcement?
Old Today, 15:26
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabo86 View Post
I like this rant a lot.

Anyway: new pictures on FB page, upcoming announcement?
I'd say teaser and/or announcement today or tomorrow with the single/video being revealed on Friday morning.
23/08/01 CIA, 06/04/05 Civic Hall, 24/05/06 Camden Barfly, 11/10/06 Birmingham Barfly, 12/05/07 Cardiff Uni, 21/05/07 Civic Hall, 27/05/07 Manchester Apollo, 02/06/07 Colston Hall, 09/06/07 Reading Hexagon, 08/12/07 Birmingham NIA, 12/12/07 Brixton Academy, 28/02/08 O2 Arena, 30/05/09 Roundhouse, 12/10/10 Derby Assembly Rooms, 14/12/10 Birmingham O2 Academy, 19/05/11 Civic Hall, 17/12/11 O2 Arena, 06/11/12 Rough Trade, 13/09/13 Newport Centre, 23/09/13 Colston Hall, 27/09/13 Manchester Ritz, 29/03/14 Cardiff Motorpoint, 31/03/14 Leicester De Montfort, 06/04/14 Civic Hall, 08/07/14 Rough Trade, 14/05/16 Genting Arena, 09/07/17 Llangollen, 06/10/17 Drama Studio, 16/03/18 Absolute Radio, 14/04/18 Rough Trade, 27/04/18 Birmingham Arena, 05/05/18 Cardiff Motorpoint

Twitter: @KhizzyJ
Old Today, 17:44
I live to fall asleep

I saw a new pic showing Nicky's "mood board" on the video set. Wonder what that's all about? Looks to be lots of photos of him in his younger days and an early band shot. I wonder where the set was for the video, probably one of their garage's or something so
Kieran Evans can save money - let's face it, it's gonna be him making it. They should get the record company to reach out to some uni students who could make something really cool looking and they'd probably not charge as it'd just look good on their CVs!
Old Today, 18:06
Builder of routine

I recognise "High Windows" by Philip Larkin on the table. If it's a corner of the studio to do make up and psych themselves up then we might get a more energetic video of them instead of just playing.
From the studio pic of James there's (electro?) acoustic guitar, Nicky's bass, Sean's drums and that electric piano Wurlitzer (can't see the make too well).
So I should go in with no expectations but an advanced Builder of Routines? In My Time Of Solitude or whatever that b-Side was? The days count down.
Also loving the road profile picture. It might be from the video and not the album cover?
Tenterhooks as always!
Old Today, 19:59
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
I recognise "High Windows" by Philip Larkin on the table.
Plath, Camus and Dylan Thomas there too. That's almost a full house in Manics bingo I think ?
Old Today, 20:46
Builder of routine

The book with what looks like a dragon neon logo. Wonder if that's one of his writing books?
And I get the two lines! One normal line and one line that had... Critical Thinking!
No idea where it is as a location. Or even if it's the final album cover (Pretty likely though?) and not a frame from the new video?