Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old Yesterday, 17:20
Born to end

Not a thought as such but my old boss is in 'the music business' (he told me the dates for the Oasis reunion 2 years ago, told me Manics were at Glasto the last time they were there before they were announced) and knows Martin Hall. He says James is part of some anonymous songwriting team who write for pretty much everyone and he makes more money from being a songwriter for hire than MSP these days.

Would love it if James had co-written Espresso or Padum Padum by Kylie or something
Old Today, 16:19
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbojumbo View Post
Not a thought as such but my old boss is in 'the music business' (he told me the dates for the Oasis reunion 2 years ago, told me Manics were at Glasto the last time they were there before they were announced) and knows Martin Hall. He says James is part of some anonymous songwriting team who write for pretty much everyone and he makes more money from being a songwriter for hire than MSP these days.

Would love it if James had co-written Espresso or Padum Padum by Kylie or something
I'm choosing to believe this is 100% true. I can't think of any pop songs I've heard recently where there were was an obvious JDB flavour to it, but I'll be listening out for it now. Even if it means turning on Radio 1 once in a while.

Edit: Just searched who wrote Good 4 U by Olivia Rodrigo and there's no mystery songwriters listed. Although it was mixed by someone called "Mitch McCarthy" who doesn't have a wiki page and I'm going to wildly speculate is James under a pseudonym referencing the McCarthys.

www.alexreviewsgigs.com

Last edited by LA ex; Today at 16:24.