Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-08-2014, 11:17
A self-made vacuum

I meant drums/bass/guitar/richey lyric. The other two just seem to be James playing as they are mainly acoustic with electric lead lines and no drums (can't remember off hand if any bass on either LTUU or TCH)
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 22-08-2014, 09:18
Desire on its knees

Love Torn Us Under and Too Cold Here get fairly regular outings round these parts, but can't remember the last time I listened to Sculpture of Man (talking years here, possibly even a decade or so). may give it a spin alongside THB, try integrating it into a playlist for a little context. never really occurred to me it's the only "full band" electric b-side, compared to the stripped down other tracks.

EDIT: no scrobbles of SoM at all on my Last FM, so definitely haven't listened to it since 2005 at least.

Last edited by someone, somewhere, soon; 22-08-2014 at 09:22.
Old 22-08-2014, 10:09
I live to fall asleep

Thought they might have announced it by now - a new release. It's getting towards end of August now, and I'm sure they'll want to get it out in time for a few Christmas sales, which is what I'll probably get it for.
Old 22-08-2014, 13:08
Knowlede Is Power

I love sculpture pf man. Its pretty hardcore.
Old 25-08-2014, 21:37
Doors slowly closing

Not sure if this has been mentioned. What about playing some songs on Jools?
Old 25-08-2014, 21:40
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi View Post

Yeah, one of my favourites. Great lyrics and Shouty James at his best!
Old 26-08-2014, 15:43
Doors slowly closing

Having had time to think, there's only one thing I want from this reissue. The long overdue removal of that fuckstain of an apostrophe.
Old 26-08-2014, 17:19
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
Having had time to think, there's only one thing I want from this reissue. The long overdue removal of that fuckstain of an apostrophe.
Yeah!
Old 26-08-2014, 20:06
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi View Post
Oh yes, should've done more stuff like this!

First time i heard it i thought i had stumbled upon an early version of You Stole the Sun From My Heart, but as soon as it properly kicked in i realised i was wrong!
Old 28-08-2014, 20:57
Freed from the century

Why O Why are folks on Twitter, etc saying the 20th anniversary is the 29th Aug rather than the 30th? Purely because of Wikipedia?

Us OAPs surely can remember the 29th August 1994 was a Bank Holiday Monday... back in the olden days when shops - everything except the corner shop if you were lucky - were actually shut on Bank Holidays. Even the NME / Melody Maker press adverts all state "Released Tuesday 30th August". I remember having to wait 'til the Tuesday and it was agony.

There was nowt wizardy "interweb" malarkey to get stuff early either. Folks just shuffled about in black and white under slate grey victorian skylines, queuing outside of HMV at 8.45am in sub zero conditions (ok maybe not in August) peering into the magical shop window to see if they'd put the new releases out or had a poster or better still a cut-out display of the band you could beg for / rob / trade sexual favours for. Ah Halcyon days.
Old 28-08-2014, 20:59
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostfamous View Post
There was nowt wizardy "interweb" malarkey to get stuff early either. Folks just shuffled about in black and white under slate grey victorian skylines, queuing outside of HMV at 8.45am in sub zero conditions.
I miss those days
Old 28-08-2014, 21:29
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Why O Why are folks on Twitter, etc saying the 20th anniversary is the 29th Aug rather than the 30th? Purely because of Wikipedia?

Us OAPs surely can remember the 29th August 1994 was a Bank Holiday Monday... back in the olden days when shops - everything except the corner shop if you were lucky - were actually shut on Bank Holidays. Even the NME / Melody Maker press adverts all state "Released Tuesday 30th August". I remember having to wait 'til the Tuesday and it was agony.

There was nowt wizardy "interweb" malarkey to get stuff early either. Folks just shuffled about in black and white under slate grey victorian skylines, queuing outside of HMV at 8.45am in sub zero conditions (ok maybe not in August) peering into the magical shop window to see if they'd put the new releases out or had a poster or better still a cut-out display of the band you could beg for / rob / trade sexual favours for. Ah Halcyon days.
Guilty.
Old 28-08-2014, 21:46
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrw1992 View Post
600,000 sales of THB sorry, though if they manage to sell 600,000 copies of the 20th Anniversary

Couldn't find anyone posting this so far (apologies if someone has), but thanks enormously to ManicStreetMania and Richard from REPEAT fanzine, a video of Mausoleum from the Cardiff Astoria gig is now on youtube!! All together now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBFqmEcOwxc
Sounds so fucking badass.
Old 28-08-2014, 22:34
An imitation of dignity

A great video - but if James couldn't find the lungs to get through all the song verses in 1994 there's no way they could do it live in 2014 surely?!
Old 29-08-2014, 06:15
Winterlover

Quote:

I'll save all my anniversary gushing on Facebook until tomorrow then!