Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-10-2010, 15:15
Footprint of history

Which hotel you stopping at Nic?
Old 21-10-2010, 18:28
Winterlover

Location: Getting down on my knees and praying for quick release
Jude's year 2 teacher is going to this, and early I think, which is a bit weird for me.

Lindz Delirum:" I was nearly a Mormon once"
Nicky Wire: "ah well, we all were weren't we?....you could have been one of seven wives"
Old 22-10-2010, 15:07
Born to end

I'm so upset, i can't go to this anymore
can't have any more time off uni.
Old 22-10-2010, 20:39
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonloneliness View Post
I'm so upset, i can't go to this anymore
can't have any more time off uni.
Aaaaw! Bummer! I'm getting myself a bit confused about how to get to the Arcadian Car Park because I'm sure the coach I went on went down Essex Street. But I don't quite understand how unless it went onto Horsefair itself and then turned into the road. Bromsgrove Street is a bit further down but I'm hoping the good old brown signs will point me in the right direction. Hope I don't end up stuck down a one way street or something! Nah, I'm sure I'll be fine. If I do get lost I'll just head for the nearest available car park and worry about getting back after the gig!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 22-10-2010, 20:56
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Aaaaw! Bummer! I'm getting myself a bit confused about how to get to the Arcadian Car Park because I'm sure the coach I went on went down Essex Street. But I don't quite understand how unless it went onto Horsefair itself and then turned into the road. Bromsgrove Street is a bit further down but I'm hoping the good old brown signs will point me in the right direction. Hope I don't end up stuck down a one way street or something! Nah, I'm sure I'll be fine. If I do get lost I'll just head for the nearest available car park and worry about getting back after the gig!
Gutless you are getting your 'knickers in a twist' about this gig! Everything will be fine, you can always pull up and ask if you get lost
Old 22-10-2010, 21:04
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
Gutless you are getting your 'knickers in a twist' about this gig! Everything will be fine, you can always pull up and ask if you get lost
I know, I'm a born worrier Sue! It's nowhere near as confusing as Nottingham so I don't know what I'm getting so anxious about!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 23-10-2010, 07:52
Doors slowly closing

Just a warning, re: coats on the barrier at this venue.
I went last night and a lot of us put our coats over the barrier, not realising til afterwards that some lovely person had stuck chewing gum on the underside which was the length of about 10 people so now all our coats are pretty much ruined.
Old 23-10-2010, 19:14
Bored out of my mind

I'm just gonna relax now and have a brilliant evening! If I end up in the wrong part of Birmingham I'll just park in the nearest car park and run round to the Academy!
Old 23-10-2010, 20:32
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Just a warning, re: coats on the barrier at this venue.
I went last night and a lot of us put our coats over the barrier, not realising til afterwards that some lovely person had stuck chewing gum on the underside which was the length of about 10 people so now all our coats are pretty much ruined.
Thats a bti of a pain, I would'nt have been too pleased!, were you there to see Plan B
Old 23-10-2010, 21:34
A self-made vacuum

So what time will people be leaving to get near the front? Thanks!
Old 23-10-2010, 22:09
Bored out of my mind

I wanna be in the queue for around 6 o'clock time at least. Might head to the merch stand and stock up there first depending if they are selling stuff pre-gig. Wanna get out and wait for the band to come out as soon as poss in case they take off sharpish! Also, anyone who waves a Blackberry in my face during the gig is in danger of getting a punch in the nose. Be warned!
Old 23-10-2010, 22:20
Freed from the century

I was going to get there for late afternoon,just because I'm meeting up with quite a few friends. Hopefully I can get in the 02 priority queue if they have one as well...and I will be buying merchandise if it's on sale before. And of course,waiting behind after the show
Old 23-10-2010, 22:37
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by amay View Post
I was going to get there for late afternoon,just because I'm meeting up with quite a few friends. Hopefully I can get in the 02 priority queue if they have one as well...and I will be buying merchandise if it's on sale before. And of course,waiting behind after the show
Me as well, I'll be waiting. Need to be with some fans though
Old 24-10-2010, 07:26
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcardsfromayoungman View Post
Me as well, I'll be waiting. Need to be with some fans though
There should be a good few people waiting after, just depends. (Hopefully not too many! )
Old 24-10-2010, 07:28
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by amay View Post
Will keep an eye out for anyone who might be an FD'er! I might have a black jacket with a fur lined hood on at that point though as I don't want to freeze!