Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 04-10-2010, 19:09
Doors slowly closing

The stage doors are up a side road next to the academy and pretty much adjacent to the etap hotel. Really easy to find.
Old 04-10-2010, 20:33
Bored out of my mind

Ah cheers Loz! Hope it's not a freezing October night. Least it's not December but will be taking a fleece just in case. Always be prepared! Pretty certain I will be going for The Arcadian Car Park as it's the only one I feel confident of actually finding once I've made it past the dreaded A38 splintering. Hope I don't end up in the wrong lane or I will CRY!!!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 07-10-2010, 14:58
I am purity, they call me perverted

Im going, will be upstairs though my legs and ears just cant take it these days, the Wolverhampton gig last year nearly finished me. Its a good easy to find venue so should be a great night. (anyone local know if that pub possibly called coster mongers?? is still open or not)
Old 07-10-2010, 17:45
Winterlover

Can't wait for this. I'll be taking my wife to her first Manics gig, so will have to be seated but I'll pop by and say hello to anyone in the queue during the afternoon as I have nothing better to do! If not I'll probably see most people hanging around for the band after the gig is over!!
23/08/01 CIA, 06/04/05 Civic Hall, 24/05/06 Camden Barfly, 11/10/06 Birmingham Barfly, 12/05/07 Cardiff Uni, 21/05/07 Civic Hall, 27/05/07 Manchester Apollo, 02/06/07 Colston Hall, 09/06/07 Reading Hexagon, 08/12/07 Birmingham NIA, 12/12/07 Brixton Academy, 28/02/08 O2 Arena, 30/05/09 Roundhouse, 12/10/10 Derby Assembly Rooms, 14/12/10 Birmingham O2 Academy, 19/05/11 Civic Hall, 17/12/11 O2 Arena, 06/11/12 Rough Trade, 13/09/13 Newport Centre, 23/09/13 Colston Hall, 27/09/13 Manchester Ritz, 29/03/14 Cardiff Motorpoint, 31/03/14 Leicester De Montfort, 06/04/14 Civic Hall, 08/07/14 Rough Trade, 14/05/16 Genting Arena, 09/07/17 Llangollen, 06/10/17 Drama Studio, 16/03/18 Absolute Radio, 14/04/18 Rough Trade, 27/04/18 Birmingham Arena, 05/05/18 Cardiff Motorpoint

Twitter: @KhizzyJ
Old 07-10-2010, 21:00
Bored out of my mind

Ah, might bump into you in the queue for the band after if it's not too packed! Any other drivers gonna be parking in the Arcadian CP and stopping for the band after? Hope I don't have to walk all the way back by myself in the dark but will probably end up having to!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 08-10-2010, 10:59
Born to end

I'm going to this one. On my own though hate not having manics fans as friends.
Old 08-10-2010, 19:47
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonloneliness View Post
I'm going to this one. On my own though hate not having manics fans as friends.
I don't mind that much. Means I'm free to be as crazy as I like without being stared at or something! Just the walk back on a dark October night that I'm worried about. Ah well, worry about it when it comes to it.
Old 08-10-2010, 19:51
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
I don't mind that much. Means I'm free to be as crazy as I like without being stared at or something! Just the walk back on a dark October night that I'm worried about. Ah well, worry about it when it comes to it.
Brum is very busy on a night Tracey so there will be lots of people still buzzing about.
Old 08-10-2010, 19:56
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
Brum is very busy on a night Tracey so there will be lots of people still buzzing about.
Aye, thanks for the reassurance Sue! At least where I'll be parking isn't far from the Hippodrome and all that so should be ok. Was just wondering, in relation to the road that you go down to get to the Hippodrome how far is the O2 from the entrance to that road? I didn't see it when I was on the coach but I was probably too busy taking note of parking signs at the time so might have missed seeing the O2.
Old 08-10-2010, 20:00
Footprint of history

I would'nt have a clue Tracey, I only know the centre of Brum, I would'nt have a clue how to get to the O2 from it, I have a friend to rely on for that I'm sure Counterlanguage will read your post and be able to tell you.
Old 08-10-2010, 20:04
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
I would'nt have a clue Tracey, I only know the centre of Brum, I would'nt have a clue how to get to the O2 from it, I have a friend to rely on for that I'm sure Counterlanguage will read your post and be able to tell you.
That's ok Sue!
Old 08-10-2010, 21:27
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Aye, thanks for the reassurance Sue! At least where I'll be parking isn't far from the Hippodrome and all that so should be ok. Was just wondering, in relation to the road that you go down to get to the Hippodrome how far is the O2 from the entrance to that road? I didn't see it when I was on the coach but I was probably too busy taking note of parking signs at the time so might have missed seeing the O2.
It's not far, literally minutes away.

A is the Hippodrome
B is the Academy

**The Academy is actually on the other side of the road though, where it says 'Dome nightclub', not quite where indicated by Google.
Old 09-10-2010, 14:16
Born to end

Quote:
yep exactly! lol
i don't even live in birmingham so i have to stay in a hotel on my own aswell. not fun.
Old 09-10-2010, 21:08
Freed from the century

Anyone know what the cloakroom is like/if there is one? I am bringing a big bag with loads of stuff that I don't really want to take inside...should I be okay leaving it there?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:24
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocultureicons View Post
A is the Hippodrome
B is the Academy

**The Academy is actually on the other side of the road though, where it says 'Dome nightclub', not quite where indicated by Google.
That route's mostly quiet back streets and Horsefair's pretty rough and nasty at night (even I won't go down there!!), I'd use this route, most people walking to the gig will go that way and Hurst Street / Smallbrook Q'way are always busy.

I've marked New Street station on there too for anyone coming by train.

PS The Albany NCP car park is where the 'Alexandra Theatre' is marked on the map.

Last edited by counterlanguage; 10-10-2010 at 07:28.