Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 28-07-2011, 18:49
Doors slowly closing

MOVE 2003

Because the day in general was perfect in every possible way. I remember getting up extremely early and travelling from London, and not sleeping till around 5am the following morning...then getting up at 4am a day or two later and flying to Ireland with friends to catch them at Witnness (now Oxygen)!
Old 28-07-2011, 19:14
I live to fall asleep

Location: Alone in a godless universe and out of shake 'n vac
Getting my "Stay Beautiful" tattoo was pretty memorable (it hurt, and I can always see it!)

Also, not one moment, but when I was younger my then best friend had a habit of letting me down for gigs, so quite often I'd end up going on my own and someone would always befriend/look after/go to the bar for me. Manicsfans are nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
life is excellent if you just fuck each other whilst doing loads of coke.
Old 28-07-2011, 19:56
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiomanic View Post
MOVE 2003

Because the day in general was perfect in every possible way. I remember getting up extremely early and travelling from London, and not sleeping till around 5am the following morning...then getting up at 4am a day or two later and flying to Ireland with friends to catch them at Witnness (now Oxygen)!
Guess I also found that day particularly memorable for boring, personal reasons. Suppose the rare outing of Prologue To History helped!
Old 28-07-2011, 20:10
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I think Edinburgh corn exchange gig last year is my most memorable just because it was an overall amazing weekend. The gig was amazing and I got to speak to all 3 manics afterwards and got a hug off James. Then staying the weekend at the Haymarket travelodge with loads of other manics fans/FDers and drinking whisky and eating pizza in the t-lodge bar till 3am.

JFPL gig at the barras was also very memorable as was TITP 2009, where we had a banner that made James blush and then the NME used what we had put on it as the title for their review

all in all lots of very memorable times for me

JUST DIVINE BRILLIANCE
Old 28-07-2011, 20:53
Winterlover

Quote:
MOVE 2003

Lindz & I did the same. What a weekend that was! Followed by the signing in Birmingham days later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 29-07-2011, 07:12
Bored of being bored

I wanted to go to the Move but the venue put me off & the sound system there & looking at the crowd they looked so dead & boring.
Old 29-07-2011, 07:24
Bored out of my mind

The gig for Journal at Wolves was incredibly memorable and I got to bounce around like a loon for YSTS! James' solo gig at Stoke. Getting to stand next to James at Wolves this year and end up in a couple of other peoples photo's, even if he did completely ignore me. I'll let you off as you are usually so lovely James!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 29-07-2011, 07:29
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
I wanted to go to the Move but the venue put me off & the sound system there & looking at the crowd they looked so dead & boring.
So you didn't want to go... And how did the crowd put you off if you weren't there?
Old 29-07-2011, 07:33
Bored of being bored

From footage I saw, I can't fault the very good line up nor the one on the other days.

Ah yes, I forgot, I also didn't have enough dosh at the time for a hotel for 2/3 nights
Old 29-07-2011, 18:25
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Lindz & I did the same. What a weekend that was! Followed by the signing in Birmingham days later.
We didn't get to the signing, but we did meet Nicky in the airport the morning after Witnness which was ace. Bit weird that, spotted them going through check in and had to do a double take at first, but he was really cool about me disturbing him so early in the morning.
Old 29-07-2011, 18:26
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
One of the best sounding gigs i've seen them do, there was not a single thing wrong with that show. The James rant was brilliant as well.
Old 29-07-2011, 18:31
Winterlover

Quote:
We didn't get to the signing, but we did meet Nicky in the airport the morning after Witnness which was ace. Bit weird that, spotted them going through check in and had to do a double take at first, but he was really cool about me disturbing him so early in the morning.
We didn't get an early flight. Our flight was cancelled, so, instead of flying at 4pm, we ended up leaving Dublin around 11pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 29-07-2011, 19:41
Winterlover

Probably the moment I realised how brilliant THB was. Certainly one of a few defining moments in my life as a music fan.
Old 29-07-2011, 19:45
Bored out of my mind

My definitive memorable moment, like I've said loads of times before, was seeing the vid of Tolerate for the first time.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 29-07-2011, 21:40
I am purity, they call me perverted

Miners institute Blackwood. What a great day and night. Met some really friendly people and had a great experience.

Stay Beautiful.