Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-07-2024, 18:45
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic marios View Post
Hope that they don't stop touring and give us always something new!
We can but hope of a b-sides and rarities tour! But I doubt they'd ever be up for doing that.
Old 21-07-2024, 18:57
Knowlede Is Power

I would love that.

That’s why the PPF tour is probably my favourite. Very different to anything that they had done before, and probably since.
Old 22-07-2024, 15:37
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I would love that.

That’s why the PPF tour is probably my favourite. Very different to anything that they had done before, and probably since.
That was a fantastic tour. I vaguely recall seeing A Secret Society was rehearsed or was mentioned as being a contender to be played but never ended up happening. I know Firefight was played, but does this sound familiar or am I making stuff up?!
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 22-07-2024, 16:32
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic marios View Post
Don't forget there were anniversary reissues between those albums. However as they get older, productivity normally slows down. Hope that they don't stop touring and give us always something new!
The reissues have been fairly evenly spread out over the years, haven't they? We've had two since TUVL.
Old 22-07-2024, 18:38
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconi Delorian View Post
That was a fantastic tour. I vaguely recall seeing A Secret Society was rehearsed or was mentioned as being a contender to be played but never ended up happening. I know Firefight was played, but does this sound familiar or am I making stuff up?!
I definitely remember it being rumoured at the time or a couple of people posting that it had been soundchecked.

Leaving Hammersmith late at night with a load of GSTM CDs to give to mates Great tour, wonderful times.
Old 23-07-2024, 07:32

Does anyone think this is a big album for the band? They've been quite reflective over the past few years it would be great to have some new energy.
Old 23-07-2024, 10:37
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_laconia View Post
Does anyone think this is a big album for the band? They've been quite reflective over the past few years it would be great to have some new energy.
I think this is probably going to be more akin to RiF or PFAYM. They seem to be dragging their feet with it (writing started 2 years ago?) so I'm not expecting something to the scale of Futurology or TUVL. But that's fine, I've been quite happy with their consistent alteration of middling and great albums since Lifeblood.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 23-07-2024, 11:19

From Nicky's mood in that recent interview, I'd say this might be very much on the reflective, subdued end of things. I doubt it, but I have wondered whether the reassessment of Lifeblood will play into it.
Old 23-07-2024, 19:10
Builder of routine

"This Is Why" the Paramore album was in Nicky's best of last year.
I'm cool with that! I'd love to see the Manics try a response to that.
But I don't know. We won't know until next year. Still up for it. My main hope is after listening to it, I'll read a lyric I think is addressed to me and feel attacked.
Old 23-07-2024, 21:18
I live to fall asleep

I have a bad feeling that it's going to be a collection of songs type of album. I think that TUVL and the KYE re-issue were fantastic artistic successes and I would be shocked if they did it again with the next album. Also I think it was weird that they released Lifeblood when they did (and it was a half arsed reissue effort as well), and I also think this Suede thing has been a bit weird. So I'm just wondering what all of this means for this new album. Though I also think they are waiting for the big anniversary to pass as well so the album is not associated with it.
Old 24-07-2024, 09:05
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free View Post
I have a bad feeling that it's going to be a collection of songs type of album.
Sadly that's my expectation too. The last two albums have definitely been 'collection of songs' albums to me, and though I love some songs, others have felt so dull and uninspired that I barely remember them. Hoping to be wrong and for them to come back with a proper solid effort.
Old 24-07-2024, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
We can but hope of a b-sides and rarities tour! But I doubt they'd ever be up for doing that.
That would be great. A complete setlist with B-sides and rarities. They should take the challenge. Come on Manics. Make something different and daring. I bet that this could be a sold out tour. We manics fans love manics b-sides!!!
Old 28-07-2024, 10:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Sadly that's my expectation too. The last two albums have definitely been 'collection of songs' albums to me, and though I love some songs, others have felt so dull and uninspired that I barely remember them. Hoping to be wrong and for them to come back with a proper solid effort.
Really? I felt that about RIF but TUVL seemed like a really cohesive album about loss and ageing and the temptation to lose yourself in the past as the end draws closer. The only song that didn't really fit was Orwellian, which did have a "lets put something a bit more radio friendly on it" last minute vibe.

I wonder if the new album is going to follow on from Orwellian and have more of a political tone. The title Critical Thinking suggests that it might.
Old 23-08-2024, 14:47
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

WEE-NA, WEE-NA, WEE-NA!!!!

Do we now have an album title?

Decline and Fall

Edit: Re-use of the GT font?

Stand back, I have political powers!

Last edited by Routine Builder; 23-08-2024 at 14:53.
Old 23-08-2024, 14:55
Bored of being bored

ANTICIPATION