Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-09-2022, 19:25
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Train and royal mail strikes called off out of respect for the queen so we get our postal joy tomorrow??
Speculation? They might replace them with a longer period of mourning

DPDs bringing mine tomorrow
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 08-09-2022, 20:10
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
Speculation? They might replace them with a longer period of mourning

DPDs bringing mine tomorrow
I replied...got it wrong ...edited it and got it wrong again so third time lucky ... Postal strike tomorrow suspended - rail strike next week 15th and 17th suspended.
Expect they'll plan more in the future
Old 08-09-2022, 20:38
Builder of routine

Well even then it's afternoon deliveries sometimes when it's actual mail. I think I'll have my answer around 4pm as to if I'd got any Postal goodies.
Order still has "Unfulfilled" next to it.

Last edited by Son of Stopped; 08-09-2022 at 20:39. Reason: More
Old 08-09-2022, 21:16
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
Found that soul “visualiser”

https://youtu.be/il3UDglmqYk
Man alive, that sounds great. The piano isn't so overpowering now.

But i feel like playing charles windsor for some reason...
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 08-09-2022, 22:07
I live to fall asleep

My goodness Epicentre is fantastic.
Old 08-09-2022, 22:08
Bored of being bored

Never mind

Last edited by ForeverDelayed.com; 09-09-2022 at 02:40.
Old 08-09-2022, 22:11
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free View Post
My goodness Epicentre is fantastic.
Forget Epicentre. That first verse and first chorus of Groundhog Days. And then the doubling of the vocals in the second chorus. Was that in the original? Sounds mega. Love this band.

Last edited by Europa Gluten Free; 08-09-2022 at 22:16.
Old 08-09-2022, 23:38
Desire on its knees

My word. James’ voice sounds immense on this remix. I even prefer DTTR on this for that reason. The guitar work is lush.

Last edited by manicbill; 08-09-2022 at 23:44.
Old 08-09-2022, 23:58
Desire on its knees

Found That Soul TLA mix is so tight. The new video on YouTube does not do it justice at all.
Old 09-09-2022, 00:14
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richey View Post
Luckily for me, a good friend has VPN knowledge and I have now been able to hear my favourite KYE track, “Dead Martyrs”. I am absolutely blown away by how good it sounds and how brilliant the new ending is. Love that the chorus riff is given a moment to shine by cutting out the last chorus vocal and the general mix reveals so much stuff that you could only vaguely make out before. Hearing how good this sounds has definitely gotten me excited for tomorrow!
Yeah the new outro is awesome.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:49
A self-made vacuum

Masses feels wrong without the ending quote
Beware!
Old 09-09-2022, 05:02
I am purity, they call me perverted

Just through my first listen of Solidarity and the new mix has blown me away. I was not expecting it to sound this different. Baby Elian has been given a new lease of life for me and Masses sounds huge.

On a side note, the His Last Painting demo has an actual chorus and James vocal is brutal. Why they didn’t use the chorus I do not know
Old 09-09-2022, 05:22
A self-made vacuum

His Last Elián is some kind of wizardly stuff that was unexpected.
Beware!
Old 09-09-2022, 06:01
Freed from the century

Cutting down the outro to The Convalescent is criminal
Old 09-09-2022, 06:38
Stretched out in the sun

Right then, so I’ve just finished listening to Solidarity. The running order is total garbage and the inclusion of “We Are All Bourgeois Now” is idiotic, especially when they had “Locust Valley” just sitting there waiting for a remix! For me, neither “Wattsville Blues” or “Miss Europa Disco Dancer” are redeemed by the remixing process, they’re still songs that I’m afraid I just can’t stand.

But everything else on Solidarity sounds fucking amazing. To hear these songs revitalised like this and finally given ACTUAL PRODUCTION is nothing short of glorious. “Dead Martyrs” was always my favourite track from KYE and here it stands out as a stone cold classic, especially with the new outro that allows the gorgeous chorus riff a moment to shine. “Masses Against The Classes”, “The Convalescent” and “Intravenous Agnostic” all sound huge and epic. The biggest surprise is just how different a song “My Guernica” has become in the remixing and how much better it’s good qualities are highlighted as a result. Never been a song I was that keen on but now it’s not just a muddy wash of noise, I’ve been totally won over by it. Likewise, I was only ever lukewarm on “Baby Elian” but the remixing has transformed it into single-worthy material. “Studies In Paralysis” remains a filler track but it does sit nicely with the other material so I imagine it would earn a place in my KYE playlist as an album track “breather moment”.

Overall, I don’t think Solidarity works as an album if it were to stand alone but I’m so happy and bowled over by how good the material sounds, how the potential these songs always had has finally been realised, that I’m just happy this project was undertaken because now I can construct my definitive KYE playlist and have a version of this album that doesn’t sound like it was filtered through a jacket potato at the bottom of the ocean! Looking forward to listening to Door To The River now to see which songs there will make the cut.

I am disappointed that they didn’t just remix everything because I’m one of the handful of people who actually likes “Royal Correspondent” and there are plenty of b-sides that could’ve been made album worthy in the process, but we take what we can get.