Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 16-11-2010, 11:44
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotopic lux View Post
I still remember seeing an interview with Lees & West on Channel V about the BDO and they asked them what their biggest miscalculation was - you guessed it - they said the Manics on the main stage was probably the biggest mistake. Mind you this interview was a few years ago now, but WOW thats a pretty big call.
Ouch.. i don't know who Lees & West are but that comment isn't making me care much. It was a shame though in one way 'cos i noticed that there were only a small amount of people gathered around the stage leading up to the Manics slot at that gig. I dunno what it is about Australian audiences, do they need a half-decent band (or in this case one of the best) shoved down their throats before they take any notice. Ahhh well i suppose a large part of it is promotion and what-not.

Anyway, in relation to the Melbourne gig i think there is a good chance the band will come out after the gig to meet the fans. I've heard/read quite a lot recently that they do that. At Sydney they did anyway. So i'll be hanging around afterwards for definite. Yes that's right i'm a fanboy, lol.
Old 16-11-2010, 11:45
I am purity, they call me perverted

yeah they will.
Old 16-11-2010, 11:48
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehammer View Post
yeah they will.
Excellent. It'll knacker my money supply if i have to get a taxi home but hell it'll be worth it. Oh and apparently James said to a fan after the Sydney gig that they'll try to make it back in a couple of years. I'm really pleased that this tour has gone pretty well so far not only for us fans but for the band as well.
Old 16-11-2010, 14:41
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogadoh View Post
Ouch.. i don't know who Lees & West are but that comment isn't making me care much.
Oh sorry, I should have said... Vivian Lees & Ken West are the two men who created and run the Big Day Out! haha, thats why it was such a damning comment I thought. Out of all the years of BDO's the Manics was the one thing that sprung to mind as a failure.
Old 16-11-2010, 22:34
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Excellent. It'll knacker my money supply if i have to get a taxi home but hell it'll be worth it. Oh and apparently James said to a fan after the Sydney gig that they'll try to make it back in a couple of years. I'm really pleased that this tour has gone pretty well so far not only for us fans but for the band as well.
Hunt me down, I might be able to give you a lift depending on where you live. Drop me a PM
Old 17-11-2010, 09:02
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehammer View Post
Hunt me down, I might be able to give you a lift depending on where you live. Drop me a PM
Thanks bluehammer, PM'd you.
Old 17-11-2010, 09:08
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotopic lux View Post
Oh sorry, I should have said... Vivian Lees & Ken West are the two men who created and run the Big Day Out! haha, thats why it was such a damning comment I thought. Out of all the years of BDO's the Manics was the one thing that sprung to mind as a failure.
Ah okay, i figured they were managerial types or something. So true though, of all the things they could have mentioned they say that. It seems like a slightly mean spirited thing to say, considering that the organisers got the crowd they wanted anyway. Sure it was all the other bands attracting the punters but the Manics being on the main stage a "failure"? (I guess they feel that a different band could have filled that slot). Grrr.

'Anyway' hehe. Long live the Manics i say! The doors open at 7:30 so i am guessing that they will be on around 9ish..
Old 17-11-2010, 21:15
Bored out of my mind

Only a few days to go for you guys! Have a great time! Want to hear all the goss!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 18-11-2010, 00:38
An imitation of dignity

hey guys! just wondering, are we gonna have a fans meet-up for the Melbourne gig? I was thinking say 3pm outside the Forum. If u guys got any suggestion, just spit it out.
Old 18-11-2010, 06:19
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_by_Disco View Post
hey guys! just wondering, are we gonna have a fans meet-up for the Melbourne gig? I was thinking say 3pm outside the Forum. If u guys got any suggestion, just spit it out.
Hi. There's a few of us going to meet at a bar called Spleen at 5pm. It's 41 Bourke St, around 10 mins walk to the venue. You're more than welcome to come along to that (and anyone else of course).
Old 18-11-2010, 06:40
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Only a few days to go for you guys! Have a great time! Want to hear all the goss!
Oh we will . I'll say hi to James for you hehe.
Old 18-11-2010, 07:05
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Oh we will . I'll say hi to James for you hehe.
If you meet him tell him not to take too long to come out at Birmingham, ok?
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 18-11-2010, 07:18
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
If you meet him tell him not to take too long to come out at Birmingham, ok?
Haha will do. I'll also warn him that he may get ambushed upon coming out to meet the fans, hehe.
Old 18-11-2010, 07:31
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Hi. There's a few of us going to meet at a bar called Spleen at 5pm. It's 41 Bourke St, around 10 mins walk to the venue. You're more than welcome to come along to that (and anyone else of course).
That's awesome man! I'll see u guys there. btw, how many confirmed will meet up at Spleen?
Old 18-11-2010, 07:33
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Haha will do. I'll also warn him that he may get ambushed upon coming out to meet the fans, hehe.
Of course!