Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 09-10-2009, 00:00
Administrator

Ok, newspage, setlist thread all updated. Just time for the last gig of the tour (year?) now....
Old 09-10-2009, 00:13
Winterlover

Ben: "Inside the club now. It's pretty damn tiny! Filling up already."
Old 09-10-2009, 00:25
Winterlover

RT @thebigferret:Another heart stopping dash to the stage.Can I send my hospital bill to the Paradise? Can't blv its the last night! #manics

RT @shinysparkly: the stage comes up to my knees o.0 very cozy. can reach up & play drums for really bad hands. #manics

(Interesting: they must have made the stage lower; in my day it was about to my waist & I'm 6'.)
Old 09-10-2009, 00:51
Winterlover

The lovely @sugar_hiccup is IN DA HOUSE:

RT @sugar_hiccup: Shitty marquee pic for @Velourian http://twitpic.com/kryo2 #manics #boston
Old 09-10-2009, 00:57
Winterlover

The stage comes up to their knees? They can reach out and pet Wire! Awww! JEALOUS!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:02
Winterlover

@suger_hiccup reports Bear Hands have just started. "Waste of an hour of my life."
Old 09-10-2009, 01:02
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPretender View Post
The stage comes up to their knees? They can reach out and pet Wire! Awww! JEALOUS!
Ahaha, why do you THINK I wanted to go to this gig??
Old 09-10-2009, 01:04
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernica View Post
@suger_hiccup reports Bear Hands have just started. "Waste of an hour of my life."
They were dreadful
Old 09-10-2009, 01:07
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatInTheHat View Post
They were dreadful
We know. We've heard the EP.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:14
Winterlover

Quote:
Ahaha, why do you THINK I wanted to go to this gig??
LOL! God, I can hardly bare the fact that they'll be standing almost face to face with them! My life isn't fair!

You know, of all the gigs in the States, this is the one I really wanted to go to. Boston's such an amazing city and seeing the Manics there would have been incredible! And now that I know how small the venue not to mention that stage, I'm kicking myself for not going! Grrrrr!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:15
Winterlover

RT @sugar_hiccup: You know how bad everyone has been saying Bear Hands is all tour? Well they're actually worse than that. #manics
Old 09-10-2009, 01:16
Winterlover

I guess that would be the downside: Bear Hands could reach out and pet YOU. (ewww.)
Old 09-10-2009, 01:26
Winterlover

Quote:
I guess that would be the downside: Bear Hands could reach out and pet YOU. (ewww.)
HAHA!!! Ewww is right! Have you seen those guys? Grubby doesn't even begin to describe them!

Like I mentioned previously, they're not bad...a little too generic for my tastes and they have zero stage presence...they just stand there. Even when they spoke to the crowd, it was sleep inducing. They definitely were a bad choice to pair up with the Manics...they're like polar opposites performance wise.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:39
Winterlover

WOOHOO!!! @sugar_hiccup reports Bear Hands ended it early tonight, clocking in at 36 ins. (thank you Jesus).
Old 09-10-2009, 01:41
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPretender View Post
LOL! God, I can hardly bare the fact that they'll be standing almost face to face with them! My life isn't fair!

You know, of all the gigs in the States, this is the one I really wanted to go to. Boston's such an amazing city and seeing the Manics there would have been incredible! And now that I know how small the venue not to mention that stage, I'm kicking myself for not going! Grrrrr!
Neumos was pretty small as well..and for a veritcally challenged one.. I was glad I was perched at the stage