Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-03-2011, 12:33
Bored of being bored

I did wonder that, too.

*waves!*
Old 02-03-2011, 12:34
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Nick...! View Post
Surely Nick is definitely reading this forum, he just commented on this on Twitter (and it's about the third time recently that's happened)? Either that or he constantly 'watches' eBay to see how much he's worth...
Or may be they have people that check this sort of thing as well? I don't know, it could be anything.

I like to think he'd come on the forum though....or at least an MSP representative.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:34
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Nick...! View Post
Surely Nick is definitely reading this forum, he just commented on this on Twitter (and it's about the third time recently that's happened)? Either that or he constantly 'watches' eBay to see how much he's worth...
I've been sad enough to watch Manics stuff I've already got on ebay to see if people pay more than I did . Nicky fucking loves lists and stuff, wouldn't put it past him. But nah, he's probably stalking us.

Hiya, Nicky see ya soon.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:51
Bored of being bored

There was a rumour that Morrissey had people who went round the internet looking up stuff being written about him. "What are they saying today?" "They're still wondering whether or not you're gay." "Oh look, people arguing about the merits of vegetarianism over veganism and whether or not you wear real leather shoes or fake leather shoes." *collapses from tedium*
Old 02-03-2011, 13:22
Freed from the century

I think that Blackwood 86 footage may have brought him on here. I was kicking myself for not mentioning it when I met them in Dec, as it had just gone up, but then Nick mentioned it on Back to Blackwood.
Old 02-03-2011, 16:10
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by chien andalusia View Post
I'm the lucky / stupid sod who won it. One of my aims over the years has been to try & amass the best Manic's collection (outside of the band, their families & management of course). I've been buying bits & pieces since I first saw then on GATS tour back in '94, but now just concentrate on the earliest years.

Ive had acetates, vinyl stampers, test pressings over the years but in all that time had never seen one of these hand-made copies of which there may be as few as 20-30. It was more than I was hoping to pay, but to fund it all I have to do is sell 4 of my Dead Weather / Jacky White singles on ebay & I know which I'd rather have.

The set list is a nice bonus & I was wondering if the lyrics to Repeat were either Richey's or Nicky's (or even James'?). I'll have to try & compare the handwriting.

Once I've received everything I'll happily try & upload some scans onto this site if anyone's interested along with some nice bits of signed memorabilia that I've got.

I'm lucky that in these hard times I'm in a position to waste money on something as stupid as 'pop memorabilia', but there you go - it's probably cheaper than a drug habit!
Congratulations, you lucky....thing Now, if you'd kindly leave your collection to me in your will, I'd be much obliged
Oh, and I'd love to see some more scans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Oh, oh, oh ... and he's in the studio TODAY with James and Sean working on a track that sounds a bit like Aerosmith, called Autumn Song.
Old 02-03-2011, 16:20
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by chien andalusia View Post
I'm the lucky / stupid sod who won it. One of my aims over the years has been to try & amass the best Manic's collection (outside of the band, their families & management of course). I've been buying bits & pieces since I first saw then on GATS tour back in '94, but now just concentrate on the earliest years.

Ive had acetates, vinyl stampers, test pressings over the years but in all that time had never seen one of these hand-made copies of which there may be as few as 20-30. It was more than I was hoping to pay, but to fund it all I have to do is sell 4 of my Dead Weather / Jacky White singles on ebay & I know which I'd rather have.

The set list is a nice bonus & I was wondering if the lyrics to Repeat were either Richey's or Nicky's (or even James'?). I'll have to try & compare the handwriting.

Once I've received everything I'll happily try & upload some scans onto this site if anyone's interested along with some nice bits of signed memorabilia that I've got.

I'm lucky that in these hard times I'm in a position to waste money on something as stupid as 'pop memorabilia', but there you go - it's probably cheaper than a drug habit!
Well done! If you are able to scan the photos that'd be great. I'd love to see the photos from the Horse & Groom gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 02-03-2011, 16:32

I was in a record shop a couple of weeks ago discussing the Manics with the owner, he said that there's no value in there stuff anymore and that you could probably pick up a copy of 'Suicide Alley' for £20. I will be checking his shop on a weekly basis, although how he'll obtain such a bargain is beyond me! The possibilty that he has absolutely no idea what he's on about hasn't escaped me!
16/12/98 Wembley Arena, 23/05/07 Norwich UEA, 17/10/10 Norwich UEA, 22/01/11 Brixton Academy, 19/05/11 Wolverhampton Civic Hall, 17/12/11 London 02 Arena, 24/09/13 Shepherd's Bush Empire, 31/03/14 Leicester De Montford Hall, 16/05/16 Royal Albert Hall

Twitter: @DamonCorless
Old 02-03-2011, 16:35
Born to end

This is great!
Thanks contributors...all very interesting stuff.
And...to have the actual buyer contribute too...that's a bonus! Please, please, please do share some of your other interesting Manic Street Preachers stuff with us, that'd be brilliant!

I love this site.....keep it real everyone!
See you all in Wolverhampton in May (down the front!)
Old 02-03-2011, 16:37
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkie308 View Post
I was in a record shop a couple of weeks ago discussing the Manics with the owner, he said that there's no value in there stuff anymore and that you could probably pick up a copy of 'Suicide Alley' for £20. I will be checking his shop on a weekly basis, although how he'll obtain such a bargain is beyond me! The possibilty that he has absolutely no idea what he's on about hasn't escaped me!
I think you might be on the way to finding some bargains!!! Awesome.
Old 02-03-2011, 16:47
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkie308 View Post
If you're talking about a shop in Norwich, then I had a very similar discussion with a record store owner a few years ago when I picked up a few vinyls.
Old 02-03-2011, 17:11

Yep, near Anglia Square?
16/12/98 Wembley Arena, 23/05/07 Norwich UEA, 17/10/10 Norwich UEA, 22/01/11 Brixton Academy, 19/05/11 Wolverhampton Civic Hall, 17/12/11 London 02 Arena, 24/09/13 Shepherd's Bush Empire, 31/03/14 Leicester De Montford Hall, 16/05/16 Royal Albert Hall

Old 02-03-2011, 17:12
Stretched out in the sun

Yep!
Old 02-03-2011, 17:19

That's the one! There's some really good record shops in Norwich......his isn't one of them!

Old 03-03-2011, 20:09
Builder of routine

i would've tried to get that if i'd known.. £1,000 is too much tho'. Lucky lucky buyer