Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 05-01-2009, 18:25
walpolian87

Me probably to a load of people. I think I was the only one wearing a homemade Manics t-shirt which has various lyrics on it and "join manics_lolz" at the bottom. I was a walking advertisement for that group and I think I got some people to join . YOU APPRECIATION LOT HAD BETTER APPRECIATE ME FOR IT!
Old 05-01-2009, 18:41
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexkid View Post
This guy turned up with an apple sticker on his forehead and behaved in a slightly odd fashion the whole day shall we say. Also, throughout the gig, he airdrummed, shouted wildly at JDB and did 'ROCK' hand gestures. It was all very odd. Also, his trackies didn't leave a lot to the imagination.

As JDB said afterwards though, I'm sure he's a lovely guy really
That's a bit scary when your not in on the joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A boy called Rita View Post
You forget the heavy metal head banging to Ocean Spray!

And he got *VERY VERY* angry when James started playing This is yesterday for some reason
How angry? Was it "Noo! Richey wrote this song! James can't play as well as him!"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCarbohydrate View Post
He was a creepy little cunt. He was looking up my skirt and kept fiddling with his cock through his pockets.
And then he had to spoil it all...
Old 05-01-2009, 18:45
Bored out of my mind

The queue at Move 2003 was generally very strange, especially the whole "James is my uncle" and Manics beanie bears thing, as I and several others have mentioned before.
Old 05-01-2009, 18:47
walpolian87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
The queue at Move 2003 was generally very strange, especially the whole "James is my uncle" and Manics beanie bears thing, as I and several others have mentioned before.
There was a guy in the queue at Brixton 2003 (first night) who claimed he was a relation of Sean's (nephew I think). Weirdly enough, I didn't probe him further over more Sean goodness, gah.
Old 05-01-2009, 18:57
Stretched out in the sun

Wembley 2002 had the random lap-dancer, and a chap who looked a hell of a lot like Robbie Williams in a sailor suit (who - I think - was a contributor to StayBeautiful.net). The queue for Move 2003 had a load of girls confusing my friend with their pigeon-fetish. After that gig, as we were making our way back to the gates, a demented harpie shrieked at me that she wanted my balding feather boa. Believe me, I complied. And Leeds 2005 didn't so much have a strange moment, but more of a laugh-out-loud when a girl in knee high stiletto's tried to emulate a James-y spin during the last song and fell flat on her arse. Although, there was an odd man at that same gig who looked like the lovechild of Charles Bronson and Buster Merryfield dressed all in leather; he spent the entire gig looking at everyone and everything except the stage.

Edit: This doesn't count as a gig moment, but I'll mention it anyway. Walking to the HMV 2003 gig in Oxford Street, myself and my friend were strolling down the Tottenham Court Road at about four in the morning - I think just to get in the queue for wristbands rather than the gig itself. Someone approached us tightly clasping a long overcoat over himself, which he promptly opened in front of us. Fortunately, he was fully clothed and rather than a face full of cock and bollocks we got hundreds of small sandwich bags containing just about every chemical substance you could possibly imagine. We turned him down on his offers of discounts...

Last edited by whiterevolver; 05-01-2009 at 19:00.
Old 05-01-2009, 19:29
Footprint of history

The elderly woman up in the seats at Wolves Civic in 2007, she must have been in her late 70's, on her feet waving her sticks over the balcony
Old 05-01-2009, 19:42
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterevolver View Post
a chap who looked a hell of a lot like Robbie Williams in a sailor suit (who - I think - was a contributor to StayBeautiful.net).
Wasn't that Jan (music-is-redundant)?

Quote:
The queue for Move 2003 had a load of girls confusing my friend with their pigeon-fetish. ...
Haha me and my mate were stood with them! They kept molesting your friend's t-shirt, well more specifically the pictures of the Manics on it. Said friend of mine is still in touch with those two women, they met randomly years later at a Turin Brakes gig and were like "I recognise you...Move 2003! Pigeons!!" Ah it's a small world.
Old 05-01-2009, 19:51
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofaman View Post
another strange thing.

James' ridiculous double neck guitar which made appearances during during the KYE era.
Yeah, that's never made a reappearance has it.

I suppose the pot plant barrier qualifies.
Old 05-01-2009, 20:31
I live to fall asleep

A half empty Nottingham Arena's lukewarm response to The Love Of Richard Nixon.

The casual fans who not only managed to get tickets to the Past Present Future tour, but decided to complain quite loudly during all pre-EMG tracks and basically act like twats.

James moving the mic to the Richey spot during ADFL on the SATT tour. No problems with it whatsoever, I just though it was strange.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Old 05-01-2009, 21:19
Under neon loneliness

I don't think I remember any weird stuff from Manics gigs, but the loonies seemed to come out in force for the JDB solo gigs, especially the crazy woman at Leeds who started shouting at him when he came out after the show.
Old 05-01-2009, 21:37
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I don't think I remember any weird stuff from Manics gigs, but the loonies seemed to come out in force for the JDB solo gigs, especially the crazy woman at Leeds who started shouting at him when he came out after the show.
Ooh, was that the plectrum lady? I seem to remember her shouting quite a lot during the gig as well.

The strangest thing I've ever seen from the band themselves still has to be Nicky sitting on James's shoulders at Brixton, because it was so unexpected.
Old 05-01-2009, 21:40
I live to fall asleep

oh, and one more thing. i got a set list at the nottingham arena gig in 2004 and this overly obsessive bitch stood next to me started screaming and pulling my hair out. what a dick.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Old 05-01-2009, 22:21
Bored out of my mind

Strangest thing? Remember at James' gig in Stoke a lady about a foot away from me really getting into The Wrong Beginning and drawing circles in the air. I was pissed off cos she'd stolen my moves!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 05-01-2009, 22:26
walpolian87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola17 View Post
The strangest thing I've ever seen from the band themselves still has to be Nicky sitting on James's shoulders at Brixton, because it was so unexpected.
Which Brixton date were you at, Nicola?
Old 05-01-2009, 22:28
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpolian87 View Post
Which Brixton date were you at, Nicola?
the one where nicky sat on james sholdes! (well she was at both but still)