Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-12-2009, 16:25
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by exopotamie View Post
The whole short hair everywhere except the very top where it's like "O HAI" is just...yeah. More importantly, his sideburns are staring at me. n______n

Also, if this was 2001, this wasn't too far removed in time from the Beard of Doom, or am I remembering wrong? So many bad choices.

I still love you, Nicky.
Sideburns were for the release of KYE, beard was for the release of TIMT - it was a facial hair to promote albums phase, never really caught on. Thankfully both were short lived so generally by the time they headed out on tour it was service as normal. From memory the beard was supposed to be 'artistic' I'm not sure if he ever attempted to justify the sideburns.

Or did you mean the lesser spotted post KYE beard - it was around that autumn by which time promo and touring had kinda ceased so only really appeared at the Q awards and the Paul Robeson exhibition.

I don't think anything since really constituted a beard - more just a couple of days growth - the worst example being the top of the pops awards when combined with long hair, red velvet jacket, brown leather trousers, a slightly different red t shirt and sunglasses, indoors in December - possibly the all time aesthetic low point for Nicky Wire.

Last edited by Amanda; 08-12-2009 at 16:32. Reason: I forgot the clashing t shirt and sunglasses
Old 08-12-2009, 16:48
I live to fall asleep

Coincidentally, I was just watching a video of that time on TOTP. Frightening!

You win for knowing so much about Nicky's facial hair. I'm definitely glad he's stopped growing it for albums and has traded that in for dyeing it different colors.