Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-12-2009, 11:22
A self-made vacuum

Didi....awesome.
Old 06-12-2009, 13:16
I am purity, they call me perverted

I don't see why it's such a shocking question. I only wondered because I thought they had sold it before Richey had been declared presumed dead, and I don't see how you can sell someone's flat before you get legal authority over their possessions.
Old 06-12-2009, 13:24
Builder of routine

why should we bother such cases? this is pointless, and it shouldn't be among our interests. if you think about legal aspects of this you should ask the lawyer on someone who's got knowledge in this area.
Old 06-12-2009, 13:26
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfieldsLoveChild View Post
Yeah, especially when the OP has stated that it is now in someone else's possession - If that's the case, then go on, take a wild stab in the dark about how that might have happened?...
CoR squatters.
Old 06-12-2009, 13:36
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
why should we bother such cases? this is pointless, and it shouldn't be among our interests. if you think about legal aspects of this you should ask the lawyer on someone who's got knowledge in this area.
Look, if Richey's parents haven't complied with the formalities of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989, then by God, someone ought to inform the Land Registry!

I salute Dangerous Obssessions, for refusing to sit idly by and allow this to happen.
Old 06-12-2009, 18:58
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousObsession View Post
I don't see why it's such a shocking question. I only wondered because I thought they had sold it before Richey had been declared presumed dead, and I don't see how you can sell someone's flat before you get legal authority over their possessions.
Well, with all due respect, this is not something for any of us to question. It's really none of our business; it's a family matter.

Anyway, even if we did know all the details surrounding the presumed sale of his flat, we still wouldn't have the right to question why his family sold the property prior to him being declared presumed dead.
It stands to reason that Richey didn't buy the place outright, but rather took out a mortgage of somekind. By all accounts, his parents were comfortable financially, but certainly not wealthy. How would you have proposed that they kept a vacant poperty despite possibly not having the funds to do so? It's all well and good to question their actions from afar, but you don't know any of the specifics surrounding his property so honestly, it's really not your place to be sceptical of what their legal rights were in regards to the sale of their son's apartment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongerthanmensa View Post
Look, if Richey's parents haven't complied with the formalities of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989, then by God, someone ought to inform the Land Registry!

I salute Dangerous Obssessions, for refusing to sit idly by and allow this to happen.
Hahahahaha!!!! Funny!
Old 06-12-2009, 19:15
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPretender View Post
It stands to reason that Richey didn't buy the place outright, but rather took out a mortgage of somekind. By all accounts, his parents were comfortable financially, but certainly not wealthy. How would you have proposed that they kept a vacant poperty despite possibly not having the funds to do so? It's all well and good to question their actions from afar, but you don't know any of the specifics surrounding his property so honestly, it's really not your place to be sceptical of what their legal rights were in regards to the sale of their son's apartment.
Very good point. There's a good chance that it was repossessed by the bank or something.
Old 06-12-2009, 19:30
Freed from the century

If you ask around Cardiff Bay someone might point you in the direction to his former residence.

James lives in a trendy Cardiff Bay apartment and he takes taxis so ask them.
Old 06-12-2009, 19:36
Winterlover

I know where Richey's flat is...

Well, it's not his anymore.
Old 06-12-2009, 19:48
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollers View Post
It stands to reason that Richey didn't buy the place outright, but rather took out a mortgage of somekind.

No, he bought it outright at the end of '93 and was skint for a long while after.
Tahnks for clearing that one up. Regardless however, it's still none of our business what his family chose to do with his property nor do any of us have the right to question the legalities associated with the transfer of property to his next of kin. At the risk of sounding like a prude, there are some things as fans we do not have the right to question and this is definitely one of them.
Old 06-12-2009, 20:15
Under neon loneliness

Location: In North Cornwall, bemoaning our lack of comedy venues...
How do we know he bought it outright? Is it written somewhere? I always assumed he had a mortgage. I know house prices were much lower back then, but the band wouldn't have been making that much money in 1993/4, so unless his parents helped him out a great deal, I can't imagine him being able to afford to buy a place outright.

If there's evidence of that fact though, I'll gladly stand corrected.

Look, I went and wrote some books for kids....(clicky linky!)
"The best thing in life to hold onto is each other." - Audrey Hepburn
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."
Old 06-12-2009, 20:21
Winterlover

Yeah Emma, you're absolutely right! I'm certainly no expert on British housing prices throughout the years, but it does sound highly unlikely that he did have the funds to purchase property in a city outright given the band were still only moderately successful at the time. Good point, hun!
Still, maybe Sollers has her/his sources so...
Old 06-12-2009, 20:29
Builder of routine

yea i wonder how people know stuff for definite..
Old 06-12-2009, 20:36
Doors slowly closing

Do we know he definitely bought it, whether taking out a mortgage or what-not, and didn't just rent/lease it?

Have you seen her, have you heard/the way she plays there are no words/to describe the way I feel
Old 06-12-2009, 20:39
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayseph View Post
Do we know he definitely bought it, whether taking out a mortgage or what-not, and didn't just rent/lease it?
yea he did buy it..i think maybe he mentioned in an interview *i bought a flat* and people think he bought it outright as being in a band makes u an instant millionaire...except it doesnt ..probably got a mortgage though saying that he would've had to show a regular income to get the loan