Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-12-2009, 17:36
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Uddin View Post
Mental health deteriorated in the previous eighteen months. A number of people and a dog died beforehand. Expressed a general unhappyness in life. No confirmed sightings. No evidence to suggest he's still alive. Ergo that's enough to conclude he's dead. I'm not going to get into a fully fledged debate about this. Nor am I going to make any kind of serious thoery and attempt how his mind worked.

If we can be conclusive on anything is that he was selfish in his disappearence, that he left his family and friends without any kind of closure. He was a talented and intelligent lyricist but to describe him as anything more is silly. He didn't do anything anything amzing. Unless you're a member of his family or a friend then you would think differently.
Nope, no debate! Just was interested in a bit more of an explanation. Still, if there is no evidence to suggest he's alive, there's equally no evidence to suggest that he's dead either.
Anyway, what ever you believe is your choice, but I think you're looking at the whole thing in a logical sense whereas this whole situation is anything but logical. Something defy logic and this is certainly one of those occassions.

Agree completely with your last paragraph however. What he did, whatever it was, was a bloody selfish thing to do to his family and the mental illness defence is by no means an excuse.
Old 08-12-2009, 17:38
Knowlede Is Power

I hope he might be alive but as the years pass this seems more and more unlikely.
Old 08-12-2009, 17:38
Doors slowly closing

Jo is Mary Magdeline anf Richey's bloodline doesn't live on. The only sexual act he particapated in was on the reiciving end, of a handjob from and underage Thai prositute. There may be secrets at his flat, but as that thread about his flat led me to beleive that his parents sold it during the property boom.
Old 08-12-2009, 17:43
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bristarman View Post
I think CoR prefers the idea that he's dead. That way he could rise again and lead them to paradise.
Haha, too true! I don't think many true CoRs exist anymore (thank god! No pun intended, of course. ), but the common belief among them was that he had killed himself. I suppose they thought he would rise again too. LOL!
Old 08-12-2009, 17:43
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Uddin View Post
Jo is Mary Magdeline anf Richey's bloodline doesn't live on. The only sexual act he particapated in was on the reiciving end, of a handjob from and underage Thai prositute. There may be secrets at his flat, but as that thread about his flat led me to beleive that his parents sold it during the property boom.
Can we commemorate February 1 with a dinner of sprouts then?
Old 08-12-2009, 17:45
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPretender View Post
Nope, no debate! Just was interested in a bit more of an explanation. Still, if there is no evidence to suggest he's alive, there's equally no evidence to suggest that he's dead either.
Anyway, what ever you believe is your choice, but I think you're looking at the whole thing in a logical sense whereas this whole situation is anything but logical. Something defy logic and this is certainly one of those occassions.
I can only look at it logically. I'm an outsider, I didn't know the man hence I don't know the man or his state of mind. Ergo I can't think anything else but the logical reasoning. Whilst there's no evidence to suggest he's dead, it's the likely situation. He was'nt of sound mind (I'm not saying anyone with mnetal health problems end up topping themselves) and would lead someone to beleive he killed himself. Again logical reasoning. He's probably with the fishies.
Old 08-12-2009, 17:47
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by exopotamie View Post
Can we commemorate February 1 with a dinner of sprouts then?
No. It makes the baby Richey
Old 08-12-2009, 18:12
I am purity, they call me perverted

Wherever he may be, I just hope he is finally happy and at peace. I'm thankful for the art he left behind....

"There's still loads of anger and hate: that's what keeps us alive. When I go out there, it's always with clenched teeth." Sean Moore

Majestic Theater, Detroit 2009 * The Sinclair, Cambridge MA, 2015 * Cardiff Castle 2015, Massey Hall 2022
Old 08-12-2009, 18:36
Born to end

I dont think what he did was selfish he wasnt ina fit state of mind. I think the deaths in his family pushed him further, we hear of suicides like this all of the timo Robert Enke the german goalkeeper parked his car on railway tracks last month. On te surface you could say it was selfish for him to do this given he was married, but he was not in a fit state of mind and could not cope with the death of his baby, its mental illness not selfishness.
Old 08-12-2009, 18:45
Freed from the century

Doubt he committed suicide shortly after he disappeared, but he could very well have died since.
Old 08-12-2009, 19:10
Stretched out in the sun

Probably dead. Probably suicide.

Certainly missing.

Probably never coming back.
Old 08-12-2009, 19:13
Winterlover

I want to believe he's alive.
Old 08-12-2009, 19:24
Builder of routine

probably not suicide but he's either dead now or will never come back anyway. i'd like to think he's happy if he's still alive.
Old 08-12-2009, 19:25
Bored out of my mind

I don't think we'll ever find out either way but I hope he found peace or is at peace.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 08-12-2009, 19:59
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucka View Post
personally i don't think he did die back in 1995 and dissapeared instead, but whether he is still alive now i don't know
Seconded, I don't think he did the Severn Bridge thing, not his style.

I'd be curious to know whether those who agree still consider any of the sightings to be of interest, or whether they were a product of the myth surrounding Richey. I still think one or two could be genuine but they're not why I think he didn't commit suicide.

I also think he would have taken up writing or something - no way he could have sat idle for endless years.