Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 04-06-2010, 12:44
I live to fall asleep

8:30 in the morning and the first thing I click on is a thread about Wire's crevasse. HATE YOU ALL

the kind of hate that actually means love, really
Old 04-06-2010, 13:51
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by exopotamie View Post
8:30 in the morning and the first thing I click on is a thread about Wire's crevasse. HATE YOU ALL

the kind of hate that actually means love, really
Old 04-06-2010, 14:09
I live to fall asleep

Oh great, now I'm thinking about Wire and goatse. It only gets worse...
Old 04-06-2010, 14:23
HBIC

My work here is done...
Old 04-06-2010, 14:31
Freed from the century

Oh dear!

James is probably one of the nicest, genuine people I've ever met in the music biz. He's just an all around good guy. Firm handshake, looks you in the eye, just real. I think if you didn't have bus fare home he'd give it to you. Glad I refrained from calling him JimmyJam though, I don't know why I even wanted to, just the inner monologue in my head thought it would be funny

Sean is really sweet, if you can get him. I think he's just a shy, quiet guy and doesn't like to be mobbed with people. However, he was quite chatty and friendly in NY.

Nicky, hahaha! I Nicky. I talked to him the longest, maybe it's the bass thing. Anyway, I met him that night, (I mentioned this somewhere else on the forum) after he punched me in the head. Okay, he didn't really punch me in the head, I was behind him talking to someone and I got an elbow jab to the back of my noggin. When he turned around it was quite funny as I'm so small (Kylie size!) he looked around, and then looked down. He apologized and I got a quick huggie out of it.

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Old 04-06-2010, 14:48
I am purity, they call me perverted

Chiming in here - yes, if you get the chance to hang out afterward, try to meet them! They were so wonderful when we met them after the Detroit show last fall. James came out of the bus carrying a guitar that someone had brought to him before the show to get signatures on (I think there's more on that in the Detroit Majestic Theatre thread from the North America Tour), and after he returned it to his owner talked and signed things for everyone who came up to him. Nicky also came out and we met with him first, getting photos and autographs, and then Sean came out and my husband (who's a drummer) and another drummer who we met before the show had a conversation with Sean about his past kits, and then we finally got to meet James and he let me kiss him on the cheek Still sad that my husband didn't think to take a photo of that. And then, to show just what a guy James is, one of the people he was talking to while we were waiting for our chance mentioned that he was going to catch the group at the upcoming Philadelphia show, too, and James wrote the guy's name on his hand so he could add his name to the list at the door for that show. It was just the most wonderful experience. OK, I'm babbling now...
Old 04-06-2010, 18:35
Winterlover

My best after gig experience would have to be in Cambridge in 07. I was heading back to the car park with various FDers, which is opposite the Corn Exchange. Also going the same way as us was James, who decided to have a rant about the cyclists in Cambridge. This then prompted Jamesgirls to drive to future MSP gigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 04-06-2010, 19:09
Builder of routine

I need to meet James this tour, what a legend, and Sean too, I met Nicky after the Forum, he was very nice, gave a handshake, said it was nice to meet people his height and complimented my t-shirt.
Old 04-06-2010, 19:18
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as ( . )( . ) View Post
Don't expect much from Nicky though. He's a right tosser.
HARHARHAR