Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-07-2011, 00:46
Footprint of history

Yep!
Old 23-07-2011, 04:15
Knowlede Is Power

I really hope the boxset will contain reprint versions of the entire single releases, not only the individual songs, the latter would be the case of a perfect, senseless rip-off.
A nice collection of non-LT B-sides should have been made for an extra CD. (Or maybe it will be released as 'National Junk' later on, who knows.)

Old 23-07-2011, 08:01
I live to fall asleep

Quite exciting!
although........The Wedding Present .........

What was it Richey said about them?

"Life is a farce in which all must perform" ~ Arthur Rimbaud

Facebook

Twitter
Old 23-07-2011, 08:03
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richey View Post
Would even pay Sony's ridiculously inflated prices for a singles collection with this cover.
Old 23-07-2011, 08:49
Under neon loneliness

I hope they go for a The The cover rather than The Wedding Present. I hated them!
Old 23-07-2011, 08:57
Winterlover

On one hand this sounds great.

On another hand, they've got more than 33 singles. So lovely, we'll be getting an incomplete thing. Especially annoying if they're genuinely making a box set with individual CDs.

And I kinda hope that by invidual CD boxset they do like Blur did ie include all the b-sides involved, and not like Robbie Williams did where each CD contained only the single song in question.
Old 23-07-2011, 09:31
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
On one hand this sounds great.

On another hand, they've got more than 33 singles. So lovely, we'll be getting an incomplete thing. Especially annoying if they're genuinely making a box set with individual CDs.
You can see why Nicky was 'distraught' over the failings of the last two singles now. In fairness, apart from those two you're only missing out on singles released on different labels.

Also, shouldn't they really be forced to include Repeat on the album as well? And PCP as well? They should definitely be forced to include PCP, rightly or wrongly. That kind of double a-side cheating is what allowed The Beatles to fill up their 1 compilation with shit like Yellow Submarine.
Old 23-07-2011, 09:35
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
You can see why Nicky was 'distraught' over the failings of the last two singles now. In fairness, apart from those two you're only missing out on singles released on different labels.

Also, shouldn't they really be forced to include Repeat on the album as well? And PCP as well? They should definitely be forced to include PCP, rightly or wrongly. That kind of double a-side cheating is what allowed The Beatles to fill up their 1 compilation with shit like Yellow Submarine.
Well I was counting the singles yesterday and thinking "But PCP makes 34?"
I'm still gutted they've left off "Umbrella".
Old 23-07-2011, 09:42
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Well I was counting the singles yesterday and thinking "But PCP makes 34?"
History cannot be rewritten. It cannot be hidden, it cannot be denied, and I believe we are now forced to start a 'Save P.C.P.' Facebook petition.

Old 23-07-2011, 09:42
Winterlover

Quote:
More than that. Just the singles taken from albums amount to 34, then you have three non-album singles during Sony as well as the Heavenly etc stuff from the earlier days. + possible questionable things (Umbrella, double A-sides, etc).

I mean I can understand that they're only doing songs that got into the top 40 and 34 is a number that neatly falls to two CDs. I don't really have a problem focusing on the hits on a compilation. But that boxset thing just makes me want that they honour their whole singles discography with such special treatment. BUT AH WELL *goes to back to OCD-completionist grumbling*.

Last edited by Flint; 23-07-2011 at 09:47.
Old 23-07-2011, 09:48
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
History cannot be rewritten. It cannot be hidden, it cannot be denied, and I believe we are now forced to start a 'Save P.C.P.' Facebook petition.
You start it, I'll sign it!

EDIT: Even though I'll still be buying the double disc edition out of weakness PCP or no PCP. Now for a real headfuck, I hoped they'd include the proposed 4th single "Yes" but that's stretching things a bit...
Old 23-07-2011, 09:49
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
possible questionable things (Umbrella, double A-sides, etc).
Ghosts of Christmas (or whatever variation of the title they officially settled on). Can you imagine if we got a GOC single included with them all dressed up in a grotto on the cover? Instant £150 purchase.
Old 23-07-2011, 10:29
Doors slowly closing

JFPL won't be represented at all.
Old 23-07-2011, 10:32
I am purity, they call me perverted

They'll have to be something really special about the set to make me spend so much on it, as it's bound to be so much money with 33 singles (though we should have P.C.P, Repeat included. Plus the download releases). It can't be as bad as Queen's Singles Collection as at least Manics have unique B sides!
Old 23-07-2011, 11:06
Doors slowly closing

So Flint is right in that there are 34 top 40 singles. I counted down the Wikipedia list and that has 33 and the article claims there are 33 tracks on the album.

However, Wiki counts Life Becoming a Landslide as an EP. So either that's being left out, they've made the same lazy mistake of using Wiki as I did (highly likely, let's be honest), or something else is getting left off out of spite. If it were me it would be Autumnsong.