Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-08-2014, 10:12
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
I still like buying CDs, vinyls, even tapes on occasion. Would never change to buying MP3 or subscribing to Spotify.
Wouldn't go as far as cassette, but otherwise wholeheartedly agree with this. If I'm paying for music, I want to be able to hold it.
Old 21-08-2014, 18:13
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
I still like buying CDs, vinyls, even tapes on occasion. Would never change to buying MP3 or subscribing to Spotify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisvanity View Post
Wouldn't go as far as cassette, but otherwise wholeheartedly agree with this. If I'm paying for music, I want to be able to hold it.
I used to think that but i fucking love spotify. I'm listening to so much more music now and i'm able to live with it for a bit before deciding whether to buy it or not. I will buy it if i like it. I haven't got the space or the money to buy everything on vinyl so I whether or not i buy the download or a physical copy depends on the packaging really. I have enough jewel case cds..don't need any more.
Old 21-08-2014, 18:16
Administrator

eventually you will just use spotify .
Old 21-08-2014, 18:20
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
eventually you will just use spotify .
nah I like pretty things too much. I want Warpaint's album on vinyl cos i love the cover but i don't like the album enough. OH THE HEARTACHE
Old 21-08-2014, 19:43
Knowlede Is Power

I'm getting to the point where I can't be bothered checking out new bands because most of it is rubbish and life's too short in my opinion. I mean, why waste 45 minutes listening to something you might not like when you can put (insert favourite bands here) on instead and know you're gonna enjoy it. I've got most of my favourite albums on my itunes, and use that mostly, although spotify is handy for parties as it's basically a free jukebox innit. I would rather put up with the odd advert than pay for it though.
Old 21-08-2014, 19:44
Builder of routine

I get bored of hearing the same stuff tho
Old 21-08-2014, 20:03
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfucker View Post
I'm getting to the point where I can't be bothered checking out new bands because most of it is rubbish and life's too short in my opinion. I mean, why waste 45 minutes listening to something you might not like when you can put (insert favourite bands here) on instead and know you're gonna enjoy it. I've got most of my favourite albums on my itunes, and use that mostly, although spotify is handy for parties as it's basically a free jukebox innit. I would rather put up with the odd advert than pay for it though.
This, I can't be arsed to listen to new music anymore now, this is why I have had Futurology since the day of release and not played it yet!!
Old 22-08-2014, 08:36
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfucker View Post
I'm pretty ancient now but took a Spotify subscription to try to hear new bands at a time when I tend to have less exposure to new music than I did when I was younger.

I have to say that when I check out bands that seem to be flavour of the month, I'm almost always disappointed. They just seem to be derivative and the songs aren't especially outstanding.

I spend most of my time on Spotify catching up with artists I've loved for some time but hearing albums from them I haven't caught up with thus far.
Old 23-08-2014, 12:48
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
I get bored of hearing the same stuff tho
This is a good point. If I hadn't spent as much time checking out new (as well as old) music when I was younger (and I did, loads) I wouldn't have discovered as much music I now love. But, for me, I know and love enough bands, albums etc. now to always have something I want to listen to whatever mood I'm in. My personal opinion is that it's an age thing. Once you've discovered enough to last you forever it's a waste of time looking for new things. The age you reach that point depends upon your taste, level of passion for music and the amount of "research" you do.