Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 19-10-2014, 14:07
Freed from the century

Gold Against The Soul Vinyl

Anyone know how much this is worth? I'm looking to complete my collection but all I can find is ebay versions around £40+

Not sure I want to spend that much for one of my least favourite Manics albums.

Were you crushed, Did I rush you, All my time is yours, My twisted heart is yours, The faithless shit is yours, The shameless fits of love that only smother you for moments, Until I fold them up and leave, All yours.
Logic will break your
Old 20-10-2014, 20:26
Knowlede Is Power

Sounds about right. Think about how much you'd pay for GT and THB on vinyl... then factor in that GATS was released right between the two, and probably sold comparable numbers...
Leeds Uni - 17 Apr 2005
Leeds Uni - 9 May 2007
London Brixton Academy - 12 Dec 2007
Forever Heavenly (London) - 12 Sep 2008
Camden Roundhouse - 30 May 2009
London O2 - 17 Dec 2011
Manchester Ritz - 27 Sep 2013
Manchester Albert Hall - 11 Dec 2014
Tokyo Studio Coast - 8 Nov 2016
Tokyo ZEPP Diver City - 26 Sep 2019
Old 20-10-2014, 20:40
Administrator

Pretty much worth what people are willing to pay for it on ebay i guess, these days.
Old 20-10-2014, 23:03
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Have a look on discogs, *might find a cheaper copy there.... or not it seems.... though that seems to be the balllpark price...

http://www.discogs.com/Manic-Street-...elease/1765245
Old 21-10-2014, 08:17
Stretched out in the sun

It's worth keeping an eye on eBay, maybe have a look again after the tour. I've noticed that prices do go up a bit more when they've just released summat or about to tour etc, while they're promoting and fresh in people's minds. I've seen all the LP's go for £50+ before today and equally I've seen them go for £20, timing more than anything.

Kinda surprised there's not been a reissue yet, few years ago they did these Music On Vinyl issues of Everything Must Go through to Forever Delayed. Held back on Generation Terrorists at the time and chucked out the 20th anniversary one, probably do the same with Holy Bible.. Just leaves Gold Against The Soul from early career, thought it looked at one point they'd get around to repressing the lot through Music On Vinyl but that seems to have stopped. I love it, but I don't expect to find as many people demanding this kinda pressing of Know Your Enemy over The Holy Bible... Strange business practices. Unless if in 2010-2012 when these things were being put out, a 20th anniversary Holy Bible was decided to be in the pipeline.
Old 21-10-2014, 10:39
Freed from the century

£40-£50 is about right, depending on the condition you are wanting. I've been trying to fnd a mint copy of GATS on vinyl for ages, but can't afford that much.
It would be framed and take pride of place on my wall as it is one of my fave albums of all time
Old 03-07-2016, 16:01
Freed from the century

Ended up getting this for £54 off ebay recently. Pretty good condition.

Just missing Lipstick Traces now..... I see that goes for a fortune on Ebay!

Were you crushed, Did I rush you, All my time is yours, My twisted heart is yours, The faithless shit is yours, The shameless fits of love that only smother you for moments, Until I fold them up and leave, All yours.
Logic will break your
Old 04-07-2016, 08:34
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILKA View Post
Ended up getting this for £54 off ebay recently. Pretty good condition.

Just missing Lipstick Traces now..... I see that goes for a fortune on Ebay!
Think you've done alright there, I like to check out the sold listings to get an idea of what's been going on. I think I can see yours on there but the others range from £59-82+p&p. Can only see the one copy of Lipstick Traces that fetched £100 in May...

I'm just missing The Great Western, regret not getting it at the time, seems to regularly push £100 too.. Don't know why Nicky didn't get I Killed The Zeitgeist on vinyl.
Old 05-07-2016, 20:45
Freed from the century

Didn't realise the great western was going for that much. Love that Album glad I got it on vinyl now.

Not sure I can justify more than £60 for Lipstick Traces mind!

Logic will break your
Old 06-07-2016, 06:55
A self-made vacuum

I would love to have Lifedblood but thats worth over £100. I admitedly don't have many of the albums on vinyl, I should of really bought them when they came out as they all seem to jump up in price.

Thankfully I bought a bundle for £30 the other day which included Truth and KYE on 12". Both of which seem to be worth that much one their own. Truth bizarrely has two copies of the album inside!
Old 06-07-2016, 21:25
Builder of routine

Picked mine up in Wax Factor in Brighton, around 15 years ago, it was £9.99. So, it clearly fluctuates.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:23
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILKA View Post
Didn't realise the great western was going for that much. Love that Album glad I got it on vinyl now.

Not sure I can justify more than £60 for Lipstick Traces mind!
I was surprised to see how much Great Western went for too, been kicking myself about it since.

Ah, £60 would be a bargain for Lipstick Traces! Don't forget it's three vinyls. Actually is limited to 1000 only, unlike this "HMV exclusive" Everything Must Go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
I would love to have Lifedblood but thats worth over £100. I admitedly don't have many of the albums on vinyl, I should of really bought them when they came out as they all seem to jump up in price.

Thankfully I bought a bundle for £30 the other day which included Truth and KYE on 12". Both of which seem to be worth that much one their own. Truth bizarrely has two copies of the album inside!
Done well with Know Your Enemy and Truth there.

Would be interested to know how many copies of each album have been pressed. Suppose it stands to reason that Lifeblood and Great Western fetch so much cos it's only been after those really that the resurgence of vinyl and the supply and demand of it has come about. Wouldn't surprise me if those are rarer than the Generation Terrorists picture disc or summat like that.

I've been quite lucky overall with the ones I've got, for some reason I never bought a vinyl upon release until National Treasures. Most I've paid for an LP has been £35 and the only ones I'm missing now are Great Western, Forever Delayed repress and the US Journal For Plague Lovers.. Although I could do to replace a couple of em...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicben View Post
Picked mine up in Wax Factor in Brighton, around 15 years ago, it was £9.99. So, it clearly fluctuates.
Think that's just very fortunate timing on your part, wouldn't manage that now. Pre-eBay and pre-people-giving-a-fuck-about-vinyl too.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:21
Builder of routine

eBay was a thing back then.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:51
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
I would love to have Lifedblood but thats worth over £100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post

I'm just missing The Great Western, regret not getting it at the time, seems to regularly push £100 too..
Oh my...

Old 07-07-2016, 12:14
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicben View Post
eBay was a thing back then.
Yeah but you know what I mean, not the dominant thing, nowt like it is today. 2001, when people used to go to record fairs and use cheques on eBay and shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
Oh my...

Ah, I'll get one one day. Silly really, I've got a Spanish vinyl of Gold Against The Soul but not Great Western