Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-02-2021, 14:43
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafettish View Post
Know you're on the Muse train now but... Did you ever ask Wade Barrett on as a guest?
We haven't! One for the future maybe...
Old 17-05-2021, 21:50

We just put out a quick initial reaction podcast for Orwellian and the album news if anyone fancies it!

Even in Exile episode soon, with a guest that I would consider to be quite cool.
Old 22-07-2021, 14:16

We had Patrick Jones on to talk about Even In Exile this week. Available now if its your kinda thing!
Old 22-07-2021, 20:31
Winterlover

A real good interview it was too and i like patrick but he does seem to get in to quite a few twitter scraps. Not being part of the twitterati myself i missed that whole sleaford mods spat but it sounds utterly childish on their part.
I was listening to even in exile again off the back of this interview and it's still great and i'd have to agree that after months of listening to whatever nonsense matt bellamy was writing about it's a blessed relief to go back to something that is thoughtful and layered and just well written words.
Shame you didn't cover the two extra tracks though as they are excellent with verses echo deserving of a spot on the album.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 23-07-2021, 09:35

Great show. I am so surprised nobody said "Recuerda" reminded them of Back to the Future.... Is it just me?

Back to the future: https://youtu.be/e8TZbze72Bc?t=51
Recuerda: https://youtu.be/-cW3IdIN8no?t=190
Old 23-07-2021, 09:48
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftan mews View Post
We had Patrick Jones on to talk about Even In Exile this week. Available now if its your kinda thing!
It is my kinda thing and I really enjoyed the show! I didn’t really understand the whole ‘we're not doing a full track-by-track because it’s solo album’ thing though, from a podcast where you did a show on the Lighthouse Family greatest hits lol(! which was very funny don’t get me wrong), but it’s a gentle criticism seeing as I’m basically complaining there wasn’t more of something I liked

Still been enjoying the Muse podcasts too, you are all very entertaining even on occasions where I completely disagree with your opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitdown1985 View Post
Great show. I am so surprised nobody said "Recuerda" reminded them of Back to the Future.... Is it just me?

Back to the future: https://youtu.be/e8TZbze72Bc?t=51
Recuerda: https://youtu.be/-cW3IdIN8no?t=190
Hah, I had never thought of that, nice… works thematically too, in a way!

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 02-11-2021, 21:39
Winterlover

The tour pod was very enjoyable with its on the spot queue reporting and steve's detailed partridge-esque travels through motorway services. Have to say i got quite excited listening to the build up, them arriving on stage and launching into motorcycle. Totally gonzo, much poggers.

https://whatismusic.buzzsprout.com/8...ur-report-2021
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 03-11-2021, 10:07
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
The tour pod was very enjoyable
Agreed, it was a lot of fun. I’ve enjoyed a lot of the Muse episodes but the Manics ones will always be extra special. Looking forward to the eventual TUVL ep!

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 28-03-2022, 12:04

Resurrecting this thread to say we've returned to the Manics this week! We chatted to Dave Eringa and then next week is our TUVL track by track. Worth a listen to the Dave one especially!
Old 28-03-2022, 16:09
Builder of routine

Yay!.

Edit: great interview as always! I wonder what the thing was he wasn't supposed to say ..... Ooooooh

Last edited by hummingbird; 28-03-2022 at 18:33.
Old 29-03-2022, 18:02
Winterlover

The manics fam always give good value interviews and eringa is such a dude.
I was particularly interested in nicky going off to do his private thing on the personal songs and that doesn't surprise me but i thought the brilliant japanese bonus track my drowning world would have been brought up because that one is SO personal. I would have liked to know why the bloody hell it wasn't on the album.

Last edited by Tim; 29-03-2022 at 19:17.
Old 01-04-2022, 17:01

A very good podcast. I was critical at first, but that last episode is of very high quality. Well done sirs
Old 04-04-2022, 11:04

Thank you for these kind words, everyone! Dave is such a legend. He'll be coming back in the podcast soon for... reasons...

Until then, our track-by-track of TUVL came out today!
Old 04-04-2022, 20:06
Winterlover

Interesting thoughts on tuvl and i wonder if adam's and steve's feelings toward it change as time goes on and we emerge from these troubling times! Really surprised lucas didn't really engage with it given how much it rubs the lifeblood nubbin in places. But it definitely grows on one and that meditative quality shines through, it speaks to turning off the digital hiss of hysteria (as i think james once said somewhere) and we've discussed on here about how much their own back catalogue has influenced it but mashing it together into something new and interesting. I would have liked a discussion about the two glorious japanese bonus tracks but you can't have everything. It still is absolutely not difficult to pick a side, nicky. I don't get on with that lyric at all and agree that it diminishes the interiority of the rest of the album.
Old 16-09-2022, 17:18

Hey everyone!
We spoke to Dave Eringa again this week all about the new Know Your Enemy (Know Your Enemies? Enemi?). Such an amazing guy, as always. Fun chat! Love you all, Adam.x