Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-09-2021, 17:54
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
They should release a live recording of Engage With Your Shadow… but only make it available on VHS.
They should then take all of those VHS tapes and the original master tapes for the song itself and bury them in a concrete square at the bottom of the ocean defended by shark sentinels.
Old 29-09-2021, 18:17
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
They should release a live recording of Engage With Your Shadow… but only make it available on VHS.
Fine by me. Still have my VHS player - they told me to get rid of my record player and then cassettes and look! They're back !

Would love to hear this sullen Welsh heart again in the acoustic slot. And facing page: top left ..tho James said he struggled to breathe thru that one
Old 29-09-2021, 23:21
Winterlover

Just one? Oh god, i hate choices like this. One bread, one milk, one food, that's all...

All those previously mentioned, obviously. Particularly intravenous agnostic - yes please.

On my current odyssey through their b-sides and non-album songs i'd have to say too cold here, i think that'd be perfect for the acoustic slot but they ignored the public vote to put it on lipstick traces so no chance.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 30-09-2021, 08:15
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richey View Post
They should then take all of those VHS tapes and the original master tapes for the song itself and bury them in a concrete square at the bottom of the ocean defended by shark sentinels.
“Sharks with frickin’ laser beams attached to their heads”, naturally?

(Or ill-tempered sea bass at the very least… it’s a start).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Fine by me. Still have my VHS player - they told me to get rid of my record player and then cassettes and look! They're back !
joking aside I still have a VHS player too, and actually used it within the last ten years (!).

Paradoxically it was evidently useful, and consequently the lyric is not entirely successful in that regard, ironically making it more true than if it had been been accurate in the first place. It’s another complicated illusion!

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 30-09-2021, 21:46
Winterlover

Pretty happy with my lot, but never did get to see Girl Who Wanted to Be God. Naturally it was on the setlist for the one show I wanted to go to and couldn't!
Old 01-10-2021, 16:36
Bored of being bored

Gutted to have missed Condemned to rock n roll on the free occasions it's been played. Bring it back for the Bath gig, please!

I'm also one who wants to see a bunch of Know Your Enemy be and Lifeblood tracks given a live outing. Loads of Futurology songs that are just fucking wasted having not been played live.
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 01-10-2021, 16:52
I am purity, they call me perverted

That's definitley Picturesque. For me Picturesque is in their top 3 with Tolerate and ME. Just so soooooo incredibly icy and sad. A song with Richey lyrics about the Soviet Union with Lifeblood sound? Pinch me, am I dreaming? As a child of the soviet union and a Lifeblood fan this song just Venn diagrams my soul to pieces. And by god the chorus just soars above an abyss. To hear it live would be incredible.
Old 01-10-2021, 21:12
An imitation of dignity

To Repel Ghosts
Love Torn Us Under
Comfort Comes
Everyone Knows/Nobody Cares
All is Vanity
Dead Trees & Traffic Islands

In that order
1997: Aston Villa Leisure Centre, Brighton Centre, Reading Rivermead, Royal Albert Hall, Reading Festival.
1998: Hereford Leisure Centre, Exeter Arena, Wembley Arena, Cardiff Arena.
1999: V Festival
2002: Brixton Academy
2009: London Forum
2014: London Roundhouse x 3
2021: Portsmouth Guildhall
Old 14-02-2022, 12:17
Born to end

I'm new here. Hello to everybody.

A track I've never heard MSP play live and would love to but they don't and likely won't:

There By The Grace Of God.
Old 14-02-2022, 13:05
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessriver View Post
I'm new here. Hello to everybody.

A track I've never heard MSP play live and would love to but they don't and likely won't:

There By The Grace Of God.
Welcome to the forum! Good choice.
I'm hoping Complicated Illusions stays in the setlists, but will probably go the way of Walk Me To The Bridge.
Old 14-02-2022, 17:00
I live to fall asleep

Comfort Comes
Intravenous Agnostic
Close My Eyes

The Holy Trinity
Old 14-02-2022, 18:49
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Welcome to the forum! Good choice.
I'm hoping Complicated Illusions stays in the setlists, but will probably go the way of Walk Me To The Bridge.
It happens to all the lead singles off recent albums... It's not War, Show Me the Wonder, Walk Me to the Bridge, International Blue.... After the official tour of the album they're from, they're the only off that album that stays in the set for the subsequent album's tour. And then they disappear and are gone forever.
Old 17-02-2022, 00:03
I am purity, they call me perverted

For me it would have to be
Sepia,Epicentre and Intravenous Agnostic.

Stay Beautiful.