Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 13-04-2012, 09:42
Doors slowly closing

I didn't mind that some of Simon's choices were obvious at all. If you read any of the others, namely Oasis, you could tell it was painfully and self-consciously an effort to pick any song that wouldn't be instantly recognisable, regardless of actual quality. As an Oasis fan who knows all the back catalogue I could tell it was bollocks. Just trying to be alternative.
Old 14-04-2012, 02:29
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Chain View Post
I didn't mind that some of Simon's choices were obvious at all. If you read any of the others, namely Oasis, you could tell it was painfully and self-consciously an effort to pick any song that wouldn't be instantly recognisable, regardless of actual quality. As an Oasis fan who knows all the back catalogue I could tell it was bollocks. Just trying to be alternative.
I didn't mind either, as it is a matter of personal preference and those songs were his choices. Had I been asked to write the list (and my reason for starting this thread was probably borne out of a sense of frustration / jealousy that I wasn't!!), I would have not included "Motorcycle Emptiness" or "A Design For Life" as I don't think they fall into the "hidden gems" category. Again, that is just a matter of personal opinion, just like the other lists that have been posted in the thread.