Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 09-04-2012, 10:56
I am purity, they call me perverted

Help please: Where to find tickets

Hey guys,

I've somehow managed to postphone buying tickets for so long that it's now sold out and I really want to go as they're my favourite band and I've never seen them live and this whole "two years off do something new" thing sounds worrying so I reckon I better see them now right away. Anybody have any advice on how to get a ticket despite it being sold out? I found one site which sells them but they're £62 each and I dunno if the site can be trusted (never used it before) so if anyone knows where I can get tickets I'd really apprechiate your help! It's the 15 Apr Copenhagen gig, by the way. I'm in southern Sweden so I think the cheapest alternative will be that show but I'm not sure. Please help if you can, cheers
Old 09-04-2012, 13:17
Desire on its knees

Why did you wait so long, oh why?
As far as I can see, Copenhagen is sold out, so you can only buy tickets via third-party sellers. There are tickets available in Germany and Austria, and they are much cheaper too. Good luck with finding the tickets!

http://www.eventim.de/tickets.html?a...reet+preachers
Old 09-04-2012, 13:25

Yeah why did I wait so long, what an unneccessary £30, my god... But yeah I better go, in case this is my last chance or something along those lines.

I've looked into going to Germany instead, but the travel expenses make it so that it's actually cheaper to go for Denmark.

Oh well, I reckon I won't make this mistake again!.. lol
Old 09-04-2012, 13:39
Bored out of my mind

Look out for any spare tickets that people might sell if they find out they can't go. Best of luck with finding any but if not don't panic too much. I don't think the Manics are planning to disappear off the radar any time soon!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 09-04-2012, 19:05

Yeah I'm not finding any, how rubbish... And now they'll first off disappear for two or three years and then after that they might quit altogether oh god. Maybe they'll play again sometime though, like you say, I mean they havn't even said they're disbanding. Anyone know of any other sites that sell tickets?
Old 09-04-2012, 20:43
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie12 View Post
Yeah I'm not finding any, how rubbish... And now they'll first off disappear for two or three years and then after that they might quit altogether oh god. Maybe they'll play again sometime though, like you say, I mean they havn't even said they're disbanding. Anyone know of any other sites that sell tickets?
I'm seeing them for the first time, so I'd be greatly disappointed if they disbanded in the near future, but something tells me they will be around for quite some time, music is their life, isn't it, and James is a workaholic, so don't worry! I can't imagine them being retired, lol, not even Nicky in spite of all his talk about his love of gardening!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:58
Bored out of my mind

James would go insane if he quit music so no need to panic!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 10-04-2012, 14:30

Yeah Dora and The Gutless Wonder you're probably right, I mean try to imagine James sitting around his house doing nothing, that clearly wouldn't work out would it
Old 10-04-2012, 14:42
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Yeah Dora and The Gutless Wonder you're probably right, I mean try to imagine James sitting around his house doing nothing, that clearly wouldn't work out would it
He could rock his baby to sleep now and again!
Old 10-04-2012, 14:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dora View Post
He could rock his baby to sleep now and again!
Haha what a pun
Anyway I think I'm getting a ticket! Am awaiting a phonecall now so hopefully...
Old 10-04-2012, 17:10
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Haha what a pun
Anyway I think I'm getting a ticket! Am awaiting a phonecall now so hopefully...
Fingers crossed!
Let us know!
Old 10-04-2012, 19:43

I'm getting a ticket!! I'm buying one on the same day as the gig takes place so it's a bit risky - the person I'm buying it from could not show up but then I will only have lost £8 in travel costs so it's worth it. Anyhow I think they will show up. Wooooo
Old 10-04-2012, 20:50
Desire on its knees

Quote:
I'm getting a ticket!! I'm buying one on the same day as the gig takes place so it's a bit risky - the person I'm buying it from could not show up but then I will only have lost £8 in travel costs so it's worth it. Anyhow I think they will show up. Wooooo
I hope it works!
Have a time of your life!