Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 13-10-2009, 13:23
I am purity, they call me perverted

Either I helped get James' sick or it was the other way around, but two handshakes later (and yes, they were firm), I developed a cold over the next two days, and so did James apparently. Funny this Bradfield epidemic is kind of a case of the chicken and egg - who got James sick? Did James get us all sick? Whatever the case, I feel bad if I helped get him sick, but if he helped get me sick... well, it was worth it!
Old 13-10-2009, 17:26
A self-made vacuum

You know, I felt like I got it easy on the handshake, maybe a 6 and not the full 11. Maybe he liked the sign and didn't want to destroy me ha ha
Old 13-10-2009, 17:28
A self-made vacuum

My sinuses have been screwed up pretty much since Thursday night and have been getting worse. Not to mention the mucus in my chest and the constant headache - I feel like shit.

But it was worth the handshake. Just wish I could fucking breathe.
Old 13-10-2009, 19:26
Bored out of my mind

Ace thread! Yes I hope you all and Mr Bradfield will be feeling 100% better very soon! Spare a thought for Mrs B, waiting for his return to find out he's full of the cold, again!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 14-10-2009, 16:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDWill View Post
A number of us have caught a slight cold
"Slight cold" my ass! Running a fever since Monday morning and spent most of the last 2 days in bed! But hey, it was worth it.....
Old 14-10-2009, 19:37
Bored out of my mind

James! Making everyone ill! How could you?
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 20-10-2009, 13:55

I still have a bad cough....its been over a week now!
Old 20-10-2009, 16:31
A self-made vacuum

I have the cough and the phlegmy-ness but the overall drag and lethargy is looooooong gone.
Old 21-10-2009, 03:15
Bored of being bored

I've decided I didn't have a flu like I originally thought I had. I have the same cold/virus that the rest of you have. Even though I slept for the first few days (the Thursday through Saturday after the Philly show), and ran a fever, just like I did when I last had the flu.
Last week, my sinuses were absolutely killing me for several days, to the point where my eyes hurt and were watery!
Now, I'm still coughing, and occasionally, I cough something up. My voice sounds horrible, and my throat hurts from coughing so much (so much for singing - and my church choir that I sing with, has 2 major performances coming up soon, besides the regular Sunday services, that I'm going to have to miss). But, my nose is almost not running anymore. I'm slowly, but surely, getting better.
I'm amazed I got better, and didn't end up with pneumonia or something. My furnace is broken, and the temperature in this house got down to 44 degrees as of yesterday morning, as the weather outside got colder every day last week! The weather finally warmed up today, and now it's back up to 56 degrees in the house. I can still see my breath, but I'm not going to shiver in bed, and I don't need a second pair of socks like I needed over the weekend, (and my feet were still almost unbearably icy!) I was supposed to move last week, but I've been too ill to pack. So, now, moving day is the beginning of November. I hope it doesn't get as cold again before then.

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009

Last edited by richeysite; 21-10-2009 at 03:32.
Old 21-10-2009, 03:35
Bored of being bored

I think I had the beginning stages of Bronchitis a week before the shows I saw... Just saw the doctor yesterday.

Feelin' fine now with some antibiotics!