Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 10-04-2014, 16:35
A self-made vacuum

I would have had a great time if it weren't for the man standing behind me :/

Even before the manics came on, he was standing as close to me as he possibly could despite there being space behind him, trying to make me uncomfortable enough that I'd move away and let him nearer the front (I was second row). He then spent the whole night practically jumping on me and the girl next to me and he had his hand on her shoulder and stuff despite not knowing her. He was also pushing into us loads despite everyone else around him being fairly still. I tried to push him a way a bit and he responded by pushing me as hard as he possibly could so I nearly fell over and ended up crashing into people a few feet away so he could take my space. He was definitely only pushing me and the girl next to me, it's like we were being targeted so we'd move :/

Funny how he didn't try it with any of the men, only 2 short girls (who he could easily see over anyway?!). There were guys to our left being more energetic and jumping up and down more, if he wanted that he could have moved there!

If you happen to be on here, you should be ashamed, seriously. I'm very surprised you didn't notice everyone around you glaring at you because of your behaviour. I don't appreciate men trying to bully me just because I'm short and a girl and you think I'm an easy target.

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18

Last edited by Little Troll; 10-04-2014 at 16:39.
Old 10-04-2014, 16:54
I'm just a pasty

What a wanker. Sorry he pushed you Lizzie.

Maybe he was the same guy who tried to wrestle me and the guy next to me at Cardiff for a spot on the barrier. Neither of us were having it. After security pushed him back, he kept pushing me. I turned around with a face like thunder and said 'Don't'. He didn't after that
Old 10-04-2014, 16:59
A self-made vacuum

Oh no, he sounds pretty awful too maybe it is the same guy.

I kinda expect manics fans to be better than that so I find it quite disappointing, like the fandom's let me down in a way.

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18
Old 10-04-2014, 17:32
Builder of routine

i had to swap my ticket for a wristband ..forgot after to see if i could get it back. The crowd was ok where i was.. I'm all for shifting ADFL in the set but not first song.

scritti politti were a bit odd. They played fine and Wood Baeez … a song i've loathed with a passion for years sounded really good but all the *are we ready*? *what's my note? baa ba baa ..ok lets try this* felt like i'd gatecrashed a soundcheck or something. They went down well tho
Old 10-04-2014, 20:06
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
Yep that was a really odd gig. The Centre was about 75% full and the crowd was very static and quiet (although I was thankful of this during the acoustic songs!). The average Manics fan does seem a lot older these days - maybe their knees can't cope with the bouncing around. Still, me and the wife had a good time dancing around and singing towards the back. Just couldn't help but think throughout the gig: 'This would have been so much better at the Brighton Dome'.

Oh and ADFL at the start really threw everyone (including James at the end!) - sorry but I'm a traditionalist; that song is the set closer.
its nothing to do with age. Crowd were older at manchester and they were loud.. maybe its just that arenas attract casual gig goers more than the smaller venues
Old 10-04-2014, 22:03
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Troll View Post

Even before the manics came on, he was standing as close to me as he possibly could despite there being space behind him, trying to make me uncomfortable enough that I'd move away and let him nearer the front (I was second row). He then spent the whole night practically jumping on me and the girl next to me and he had his hand on her shoulder and stuff despite not knowing her. He was also pushing into us loads despite everyone else around him being fairly still. I tried to push him a way a bit and he responded by pushing me as hard as he possibly could so I nearly fell over and ended up crashing into people a few feet away so he could take my space. He was definitely only pushing me and the girl next to me, it's like we were being targeted so we'd move :/

Funny how he didn't try it with any of the men, only 2 short girls (who he could easily see over anyway?!). There were guys to our left being more energetic and jumping up and down more, if he wanted that he could have moved there!

If you happen to be on here, you should be ashamed, seriously. I'm very surprised you didn't notice everyone around you glaring at you because of your behaviour. I don't appreciate men trying to bully me just because I'm short and a girl and you think I'm an easy target.
URGH I've had this so many times before. Thankfully on this tour it only happened once at Leeds (Leicester, Manchester and Wolves were all fine crowd-wise), but the guy behind me was a lot taller, heavier and a lot older than I am, so he should have known better. I ended up having a go at him, after overhearing him bitch about me to the woman he was with (she then told me to calm down, which usually has the opposite effect whenever anyone tells me to do that ) and told him he was hurting my neck and to stop, but he looked so taken aback that I'd dared to say anything, he left me alone for the rest of the gig. I don't mind people jumping around and enjoying themselves etc, but there's no need to treat people like a punch bag/climbing frame, especially those who are smaller/younger etc.
Old 10-04-2014, 22:32
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal Young Thing View Post
...wait, that review. Bored Out Of My Mind?! Die in the Summertime, shurely?
I just read it and had a moment of bafflement before I remembered that you don't have to know what you're talking about to write for a national newspaper these days.
Old 10-04-2014, 22:47
Builder of routine

I like to think The Indie sent someone else to review it just to further annoy Simon Price.
Old 10-04-2014, 23:14
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post
What a wanker. Sorry he pushed you Lizzie.

Maybe he was the same guy who tried to wrestle me and the guy next to me at Cardiff for a spot on the barrier. Neither of us were having it. After security pushed him back, he kept pushing me. I turned around with a face like thunder and said 'Don't'. He didn't after that
What side were you stood in Cardiff Shug?

JDB = legend
Old 12-04-2014, 14:12
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:

I wonder if that was the same guy that was annoying me? He was rather handsy and was, for want of a better word, grinding on me during some of the slower ones. Now, I love a good crush at a gig but when it's just one guy it's definitely just uncomfortable.
Old 12-04-2014, 15:11
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool-groovey-morning-fine View Post
I wonder if that was the same guy that was annoying me? He was rather handsy and was, for want of a better word, grinding on me during some of the slower ones. Now, I love a good crush at a gig but when it's just one guy it's definitely just uncomfortable.
I was in the 2nd row next to a girl with brightly dyed hair, pink I think, and I think she was friends with the girl next to her who had brown hair, if you happen to be either of them? The guy in question was wearing a white button up shirt that was spray prainted.

My friend also said he knew someone on the barrier who had someone grinding against her, if that's you. We worked out it wasn't the same guy that was annoying me though.

If you're not any of those people, Brighton seems to have attracted lots of creepy men

Last edited by Little Troll; 12-04-2014 at 15:16.
Old 12-04-2014, 16:42
Doors slowly closing

Quote:

Every. Fucking. Gig.

Some men just think because it's dark and crowded that's a fine excuse to sexually assault young women. I never used to respond to it, assuming that they weren't aware of how close they were or something like that, but now they get an elbow in the gut or a heel in the shin. It's fucking horrible and so uncomfortable. These days I don't like going to gigs unless I really love the band and that's a massive part of it.
Old 12-04-2014, 18:02
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
I was in the 2nd row next to a girl with brightly dyed hair, pink I think, and I think she was friends with the girl next to her who had brown hair, if you happen to be either of them? The guy in question was wearing a white button up shirt that was spray prainted.

My friend also said he knew someone on the barrier who had someone grinding against her, if that's you. We worked out it wasn't the same guy that was annoying me though.

If you're not any of those people, Brighton seems to have attracted lots of creepy men
Ah yes the second one is probably me. I saw the spray paint guy and it wasn't him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Grissom View Post
Every. Fucking. Gig.

Some men just think because it's dark and crowded that's a fine excuse to sexually assault young women. I never used to respond to it, assuming that they weren't aware of how close they were or something like that, but now they get an elbow in the gut or a heel in the shin. It's fucking horrible and so uncomfortable. These days I don't like going to gigs unless I really love the band and that's a massive part of it.
This. When a gig is reasonable static like Brighton was it becomes really obvious when guys are touching you way more than can be excused by it being crowded. I tried to edge away a bit but there was nowhere to go. Total dickheads.
Old 14-04-2014, 19:28
Knowlede Is Power

Pictures: