Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-06-2006, 16:43
Tornadoboy!

Manics Tour T-shirts.

Not too long ago, I got this awesome EMG-era US tour shirt off of eBay...it's a brownish-grey color with the EMG logo on front and a quote on back ("Mute icons are the only kind of beauty we find acceptable today." - Mark Rothko). Are there any other shirts from this era out there? Is there any way I can find them?
Old 13-07-2006, 18:43
Tornadoboy!

Kabumpo!
Old 13-07-2006, 18:47
Winterlover

http://www.ebay.co.uk

there's no other way, there's no other way...
Old 13-07-2006, 18:50
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadoboy!
Not too long ago, I got this awesome EMG-era US tour shirt off of eBay...it's a brownish-grey color with the EMG logo on front and a quote on back ("Mute icons are the only kind of beauty we find acceptable today." - Mark Rothko). Are there any other shirts from this era out there? Is there any way I can find them?
I have that exact same one!

It's more purplish, though.

I also have a LB tour jersey T-Shirt, as well as a KYE promotional T-Shirt that's so worn out I only use it for working out.
Old 13-07-2006, 20:58
Freed from the century

i have a load of timttmy/kye tshirts that i bought in stupidly big sizes but i just cant bear to get rid of them. they live in my wardrobe.
Old 14-07-2006, 09:53
Winterlover

Same here. I have a fuck load of Manics t-shirts from GT to Lifeblood. I really should sell more of them but I love them...

My favourite is a Reading 92 one which I bought from a drunk man in the student's union. He took it off, I gave him a fiver and he went off to get another beer. Topless.

Anyway, in answer to the original question, are there any inparticular you're looking for? I could probably part with a couple if you let me know what you're after...
Old 14-07-2006, 13:46
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmet
I have that exact same one!

It's more purplish, though.

I also have a LB tour jersey T-Shirt, as well as a KYE promotional T-Shirt that's so worn out I only use it for working out.
My Lipstick Traces t shirt has shrunk around the neck, so my head can barely get through now and I don't have a BIG head either
Old 15-07-2006, 00:44
Tornadoboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover
Same here. I have a fuck load of Manics t-shirts from GT to Lifeblood. I really should sell more of them but I love them...

My favourite is a Reading 92 one which I bought from a drunk man in the student's union. He took it off, I gave him a fiver and he went off to get another beer. Topless.

Anyway, in answer to the original question, are there any inparticular you're looking for? I could probably part with a couple if you let me know what you're after...
I think it'd be cool to own a shirt from each album/era. There's a plethora of them out there, I know. Is there any way you can take some pictures of some shirts so I can see what they look like?
Old 15-07-2006, 09:32
Nick

People who wear band T-Shirts are sad cunts. It looks crap, and it just makes you a marketing whore for the band and their record label. The Manics/Sony are earning enough money as it is, they don't need me going around with their corporate shite scribbled all over my clothing. It's just as bad as going around with Nike ticks or Addidas logos or whatever.
Old 15-07-2006, 12:23
Tornadoboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
People who wear band T-Shirts are sad cunts. It looks crap, and it just makes you a marketing whore for the band and their record label. The Manics/Sony are earning enough money as it is, they don't need me going around with their corporate shite scribbled all over my clothing. It's just as bad as going around with Nike ticks or Addidas logos or whatever.

...anyway...let me know about those shirts, Clover.
Old 15-07-2006, 15:30
Stretched out in the sun

I've tried to wrangle together all the Manics shirts I have, but most of them have faded to spectre like points, so the only really wearable ones I have are a Gold Against one with the great cover artwork on, Hell is Other People shirt, a Lifeblood tour and a Holy Bible long sleeved deal. But even that's shrunk through frequent washes, fun designs though.
Old 15-07-2006, 23:02
Tornadoboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean V
Hell is Other People shirt
Oh man, I would step over my own mother for that shirt.
Old 16-07-2006, 12:22
Stretched out in the sun

I've seen a few of them floating around on the old eBay and other internet marketplaces, it's one of my less worn due to it having no real design, it reminds me of what Joy Division would have...

I'm the best in the World, if not the entire Universe.
Old 16-07-2006, 13:14
Tornadoboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean V
I've seen a few of them floating around on the old eBay and other internet marketplaces, it's one of my less worn due to it having no real design, it reminds me of what Joy Division would have...
Might you name a few of these "other internet marketplaces"?
Old 16-07-2006, 13:22
Stretched out in the sun

*strokes chin*
Right now it would probably just be eBay, some dedicated trading sites used to have similar stuff, but generally now it's just eBay me thinks. The GATS shirts generally seem the best in my opinion.

I'm the best in the World, if not the entire Universe.