Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 30-07-2016, 11:47
Stretched out in the sun

Bit of a stretch but there's a fuck up on the third disc of the Generation Terrorists box set where the end of Motown Junk is stuck on the beginning of Sorrow 16.

There's a version of A Design For Life on the Euro promo that starts with "I wish I had a bottle" rather than "Libraries gave us power".

There are loads of different versions of Your Love Alone which I can't quite remember off re top of my head... Full band, acoustic, just James, James and Nina, think there's even just Nina... Oh actually you did the thread about the 2cd Japanese reissues didn't you? can't remember what there is in the Tigers one..

I've got a single that's got "Everything Must Go (Special Version)" on it but I've not figured out what's special about it.

I've got the Symphony Of Tourette promo at home but not sure if that's edited at all, anyone know?

Scraping the barrel maybe but there's the call out hooks on the US promos of You Stole The Sun and Found That Soul. I think Tolerate too?

Can't think of owt else that hasn't been mentioned here...

Edit: sorry, it wasn't you that started the thread I was thinking of, it just reminded me of the Everything Must Go Ultimate Track Listing thread.

Last edited by sculptureofabloke; 30-07-2016 at 11:54. Reason: Wrong sod
Old 30-07-2016, 12:47
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Fouinard View Post
Is that the promo CD for the whole album or was there a separate promo that had this version?
Album promo.
Old 30-07-2016, 12:48
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
I believe it was released on a CD promo that's very hard to get hold of. I'm still trying to hunt it down to get a CD quality version of the track.
Yes, in the same boat. I only had an annoyingly low-res 128kbps MP3 of it and am looking to do the same. I won't hold my breath!
Old 30-07-2016, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2 View Post
Album promo.
Awesome, one kicking around on eBay so that's just plugged another gap. you've made me a very happy man
Old 30-07-2016, 13:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
There are loads of different versions of Your Love Alone which I can't quite remember off re top of my head... Full band, acoustic, just James, James and Nina, think there's even just Nina...
Yeah that's at least 5 that I'm aware of
- Original version
- Instrumental version on promo
- James solo acoustic
- Nina solo acoustic
- James & Nina acoustic

The irritating one is the Nina solo version as I believe that was only released as a 128kbps iTunes version. The other 2 acoustic versions got a release on the Japanese 2CD version of SATT.

Wasn't sure to count these as I was ruling out acoustic versions but might reconsider.
Old 30-07-2016, 16:08
Doors slowly closing

Quote:

The irritating one is the Nina solo version as I believe that was only released as a 128kbps iTunes version. The other 2 acoustic versions got a release on the Japanese 2CD version of SATT.
I think the nina solo version of YLAINE went away for a while, but is on iTunes UK again now, as the standard DRM-free 256kbps AAC. I'm not sure why it doesn't appear to be available anywhere else (from a quick check), maybe iTunes have an exclusive deal on it(?).

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/yo...gh/id251191257

Also, I don't think the James solo acoustic YLAINE is on the 2009 Japanese SATT release (only the Nina & James acoustic version), but the James solo acoustic version is available in true CD quality online (at Qobuz for example) and in various other stores in lossy formats (7Digital has it in 320kbps MP3 for example).

Also note that the SATT single instrumentals (Your Love Alone, Indian Summer, Autumnsong) that were initially only available on the promo CDs have since had full releases in the various online stores too, so they are easily obtainable if anyone doesn't have them and wants to buy them, (including in CD quality on Qobuz).

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 30-07-2016, 23:19
Knowlede Is Power

I'm not sure if this really counts for this thread, but what about the alternative version of Bag Lady?
Old 31-07-2016, 07:33

Wow thanks Porco I hadn't come across Qobuz or spotted the Nina acoustic version was back. You've absolutely made my day :-)

Spot on on the JDB acoustic version, just checked now and yeah it's not on there but happy since there's a CD quality version.
Old 31-07-2016, 07:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I'm not sure if this really counts for this thread, but what about the alternative version of Bag Lady?
Don't think that ever got officially released so probably not. Only counting officially released or promo stuff otherwise this thread would get so long it could cover the distance from here to the moon!
Old 04-08-2016, 09:10
Doors slowly closing

A great one on the EMG special on 6 Music...

Elvis Impersonator.. "It's SoFunny....it's absurd"

Actually works quite well.
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 08-08-2016, 20:07

Intros uploaded to *** now as a wee thanks for everyones help. I've mostly finished what I'd think of as my definitive Manics iTunes library and I'll post it up on this thread when I get a chance for those interested.

It's only really focused on anything that's been released commercially and on most promos (i.e. the ones which seem to be be 'relatively' easy to buy).
Old 08-08-2016, 20:41

Ok this is the pre-Sony releases and where the audio was sourced

Suicide Alley single
Suicide Alley [taken from 2009 GT 2Cd Japanese reissue]
Tennesse (I Get Low) [taken from 1993 La Tristessa Japanese single as no remaster that I know of]

UK Channel Boredom
UK Channel Boredom [original intro from flexi-disc rip combined with 2012 remaster on 2012 GT boxset]

New Art Riot EP
All tracks taken from original 1990 CD as no remaster done that I know of

Motown Junk
Motown Junk [taken from 2012 GT reissue]
Sorrow 16 [taken from 2003 Lipstick Traces]
We Her Majesty's Prisoners [taken from 2012 GT boxset]

You Love Us (Heavenly)
You Love Us (Heavenly) [taken from 2014 THB boxset]
Spectator's Of Suicide (Heavenly) [taken from 2003 Lipstick Traces]
Starlover [taken from 2009 GT 2CD Japanese reissue]
Strip It Down [taken from 2003 Lipstick Traces]

Feminine Is Beautiful
Both tracks in lossy 128Kbps MP3 [best I had and given the quality of the demos it probably makes no odds]

Last edited by La_Fouinard; 22-08-2016 at 13:09.
Old 21-08-2016, 08:32

Following on here's my listing for the Generation Terrorists era with B-Sides

Generation Terrorists
All tracks taken from the 2012 remaster
Little Baby Nothing [Original Streetcar intro for taken from 5 track promo merged into the 2012 remaster]

Generation Terrorists Original U.S. Version
Slash 'N' Burn, Nat West-Barclays-Midlands-Lloyds, You Love Us & Little Baby Nothing had different mixes with live drums from session drummer Zachary Alford. Crucifix Kiss from this release also had piano in the chorus. I've listed all 5 tracks separately and used the album cover from the Stars & Stripes Japanese CD.

B-Sides
All b-sides taken from disc 3 of the 2012 remaster on 3CD boxset unless listed below. We Her Majesty's Prisoners was moved to the Pre-Sony era as it was re-released as a GT b-side.
Stay Beautiful (Live) [taken from Love Sweet Exile/Repeat Ltd. 12" gatefold as no CD release that I know of]
It's So Easy (Live At London Marquee, 4th September 1991) [taken from from Lipstick Traces]
Under My Wheels [taken from from original Motorcycle Emptiness single as no re-release that I know of]
Suicide Is Painless [taken from 2012 GT reissue]
Never Want Again ]uses the 2012 remaster but has the tiny Japanese intro from the 2009 Japanese 2CD reissue of GT added back in]
Dead Yankee Drawl [uses the 2012 remaster but has the tiny Japanese intro from the 2009 Japanese 2CD reissue of GT added back in]

Live At Club Citta 1992
All 6 released tracks from this show were split across Little Baby Nothing CD 2 and the original ltd. version of Gold Against The Soul in Japan. The 2009 2CD Japanese reissue of GATS had all 6 tracks reordered (I think in the order they were played) and flow nicely so I used those versions. The order of the tracks is Slash 'N' Burn, Crucifix Kiss, Motown Junk (still has 'I shot Lennon' line), Tennessee (I Get Low), You Love Us (with awesome extra bit from the GT version they don't play live any more) & R.P. McMurphy

1992 BBC Radio 1 Rock Session
[Live versions of You Love Us, Under My Wheels, Slash 'N' Burn & Nat West-Barclays-Midlands-Lloyds taken from 10" released with ltd. 2012 3CD GT boxset]

Demos From 2012 2CD GT Reissue
You Love Us (Heavenly Version) [replaced with the alternative Japanese version of the track from the 2009 Japanese 2 CD reissue. That way I could keep the original version on the pre-Sony era stuff but also means the demo's CD has a different version of every track on the GT album]

Demos From 2012 3CD Ltd. GT Boxset Reissue
Left the demos in this era as I decided to keep all the demos together. UK Channel Boredom was moved from this CD to the Pre-Sony era stuff

Last edited by La_Fouinard; 22-08-2016 at 13:10.
Old 21-08-2016, 10:09

And now Gold Against The Soul. I'm not a big fan of remixes or radio edits so I've not generally included them unless

(a) There's a lyric change (like the radio version of Roses In The Hospital)
(b) I particularly like the remix (get the Sean Penn version of Why So Sad)

Gold Against The Soul
All tracks taken from 2009 Japanese CD reissue minus bonus remixes

B-Sides
Hibernation [taken from 2009 2CD Japanese GATS reissue]
Patrick Bateman [taken from 2009 2CD Japanese GATS reissue]
What's My Name (Live At Cambridge Junction, 20th October 1992) [taken from Lipstick Traces]
Slash 'N' Burn (Live At Norwich UEA, 21st October 1992) [taken from La Tristesse Durera CD single as no remaster released]
Repeat (Live At Norwich UEA, 21st October 1992) [taken from Japanese version of the La Tristesse Durera CD single as no remaster released]
Roses In The Hospital (7" Version) [taken from original Roses In The Hospital single]
Roses In The Hospital (5:03 clean edit) 128kbps MP3 taken from The Hit Factory promo vinyl kindly posted on this forum many years back :-)]
Us Against You [taken from 2009 2CD Japanese GATS reissue]
Donkeys [taken from Lipstick Traces]
Wrote For Luck [taken from Lipstick Traces]
Comfort Comes [taken from Lipstick Traces]
Are Mothers Saints [taken from 2009 2CD Japanese GATS reissue]
Charles Windsor [taken from 2009 2CD Japanese GATS reissue]
Old 21-08-2016, 14:23

As before no remixes listed in this as I move onto The Holy Bible Era. I've also separated this eras b-sides into live versions of album tracks and studio b-sides live covers.

Bit odd separating the Radio 1 Evening Session but as they were on different releases I decided I wanted them to stay separate.

I've no idea when the live tracks from the 10th anniversary of THB were recorded so would appreciate it if anyone knows

The Holy Bible
All tracks taken from the 2014 THB box set

The Holy Bible U.S. Mix
All tracks taken from the 2014 THB box set

B-Sides & Live Covers
All tracks taken from the 2014 boxset with the below exceptions
Penny Royalty (Radio 1 Evening Session 31st August 1994) [from the Evening Session: Priority Tunes CD]
Judge Yrself [taken from Lipstick Traces, added here as it was recorded in 1995 and I felt it fitted best here]

Live Tracks, Demos & Alternative Versions
New Art Riot (Live In E Minor At Clapham Grand, London, 2nd March 1994) [taken from 2014 THB boxset]
Love's Sweet Exile (Bangkok Live) [taken from 2014 THB boxset]
P.C.P. (Live Glastonbury, 24th June 1994) [from the 1994 'Volume 11' compilation album]
Drug Drug Druggy (Live Glastonbury, 24th June 1994) [taken from 2014 THB boxset]
Roses In The Hospital (Live Glastonbury, 24th June 1994) [taken from 2014 THB boxset]
You Love Us (Live Glastonbury, 24th June 1994) [taken from 2014 THB boxset]
Life Becoming A Landslide (Live Recorded In Bangkok In April 1994) [taken from the 1994 Revol 12", no CD reissue that I know of]
She Is Suffering (Acoustic Version) [can be most easily found on the 2014 'Britpop At The BBC' compilation album or the European version of the She Is Suffering single]
The Intense Humming Of Evil (Live) [from CD1 of THB 10th anniversary edition]
4st 7lb (Live) [from CD1 of THB 10th anniversary edition]
Yes (Live) [from CD1 of THB 10th anniversary edition]
Of Walking Abortion (Live) [from CD1 of THB 10th anniversary edition]
Die In The Summertime (Demo) [from CD2 of THB 10th anniversary edition]
Mausoleum (Demo) [from CD2 of THB 10th anniversary edition]
Of Walking Abortion (Radio 1 Evening Session 31st August 1994) [from CD2 of THB 10th anniversary edition]
She Is Suffering (Radio 1 Evening Session 31st August 1994) [from CD2 of THB 10th anniversary edition]
Yes (Radio 1 Evening Session 31st August 1994) [from CD2 of THB 10th anniversary edition]
Revol (alt. version with spoken middle bit) [from CD2 of the 2014 THB boxset]

BBC 'In Concert', The Astoria, December 1994
From the the 2014 THB boxset